How can we revitalise this forum?

wisewood

1 minute ago, Haironyourchest said:

Steve, I never realised there were forums for forum owners. Honestly, my curiosity is piqued - is it possible for normal people to lurk these forums? Any chance you could post a link?

The only one I really use now is the forum specific to the software I’m using, and for that you need to have a software license to view the good stuff.

The admin zone is more open,  but doesn’t get the traffic it used to 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

I don’t think forums are ever going to disappear, there are just so many other mediums now. In 10 years time Facebook will likely look altogether different. Already the younger age groups aren’t using it. Instead opting for snapchat, Instagram.....there will be something else round the corner to take over from their popularity, and so on 

I hope not, but who knows the future?

1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

Again, this just isn't the case. Forums across the board are feeling the pinch. As you might imagine I spend a lot of time on forums for forum owners(yes thats how sad my life is) so see a completely different picture to what you are seeing. Forums need to evolve to keep relevant, and offer things that facebook doesn't. That means adding features which gravitate away from traditional discourse.

Just calling at as I see it but my other forums are about renewables so not surprising they are doing OK 

My OH is on the farming forum which appears to be booming. It's diligently moderated and cultivates respect so I am told. Might be worth a peep? I really like a regular forum for ease to come back to topics at a later date. So much good info on here that can be found with a quick search. Never had much luck searching Facebook groups

8 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Seeing core forum contributors being down right aggressive with their right wing leanings was pretty off putting.

2 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

My OH is on the farming forum which appears to be booming. It's diligently moderated and cultivates respect so I am told.

:D:D:D You could not make it up. :D:D:D You clearly have no respect for other peoples perspective yet demand it of others. 

Yes Steve, I agree and I will post on here regularly from now on and try to make my contributions worthwhile rather than showing a photo or two.
I suppose I had reservations about bombarding this forum and turning it into my portfolio [emoji1]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wisewood said:

Yes Steve, I agree and I will post on here regularly from now on and try to make my contributions worthwhile rather than showing a photo or two.
I suppose I had reservations about bombarding this forum and turning it into my portfolio emoji1.png

Hey, it’s cheaper than The Cloud! And you know where to find it.

• Like 4