How can we revitalise this forum?

wisewood

I love a competition, photo, idents, whatever.

That last Stihl photo comp was great, more of those please.

But themed,  one every month, things like ‘morning assembly’ or ‘lunch break’ or ‘making life easy’ or ‘home time’

Get someone truly independent to judge and a prize worth having like £200 Honey Brothers vouchers.

That would really get momentum and people coming on every day.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 5

I was once accused of being  a racist , on here , for calling a Chinese copy engine ( copy of a Honda GS engine )   A chinker engine .  I did not even consider the use of the word ( if it even is a word ) 

when I posted it but some one took exception to my  post . I am not racist by inclination but maybe I should examine how I communicate .  At the time I was some what upset that a person would regard me in that way .  I have friends , proper friends who are from China , Nigeria ,  Hungary and Poland  and even people from my next village !  Some times things can get out of hand with no malice or intent .

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I love a competition, photo, idents, whatever.

That last Stihl photo comp was great, more of those please.

But themed,  one every month, things like ‘morning assembly’ or ‘lunch break’ or ‘making life easy’ or ‘home time’

Get someone truly independent to judge and a prize worth having like £200 Honey Brothers vouchers.

That would really get momentum and people coming on every day.

Yep, I really should chase up competition prizes more. People are usually quite forthcoming.

As for getting someone truly independent to judge. I don't think we could get more independent than the last time, considering you slagged them off right in the competition thread and still won ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Veganism is the future.
But not until mankind has pushed the animal apocalypse into the history books.
It'll take generations.
And I'm a hunting omnivore.

I also think when we rip the piss out of groups of people for no good reason,
That keeps people away.
Inclusivity is important.
[emoji106]

41 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Veganism is the future.
But not until mankind has pushed the animal apocalypse into the history books.
It'll take generations.
And I'm a hunting omnivore.

I also think when we rip the piss out of groups of people for no good reason,
That keeps people away.
Inclusivity is important.
emoji106.png

Veganism isn’t the future, less people are. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

I was once accused of being  a racist , on here , for calling a Chinese copy engine ( copy of a Honda GS engine )   A chinker engine .  I did not even consider the use of the word ( if it even is a word ) 

when I posted it but some one took exception to my  post . I am not racist by inclination but maybe I should examine how I communicate .  At the time I was some what upset that a person would regard me in that way .  I have friends , proper friends who are from China , Nigeria ,  Hungary and Poland  and even people from my next village !  Some times things can get out of hand with no malice or intent .

Oh aye,no scottish friends i see...

You anti scottish bigot you...

I bet you dont even like haggis or tossin cabers ya big jessie...

??

• Like 2
  • Haha 2