The Sheep gets its revenge

difflock

It still can employ thousands of people but it needs to be modified to containment , I suggest you do some research as it’s in your back yard... it’s out of control.
Interestingly though the last two people I’ve met who have worked on west coast farms have been English , how do you feel about that ?
I own work trucks , not owned a car for years.

Yep 4 cars two land rovers ,2 diesel chippers one stump grinder a 360 excavator a Jcb loader and two houses but not a fish farm.I also ain’t adverse to a bit of fishing and hunting.

Well, I rest my case, you are both probably every bit as much contributing as much of a carbon footprint percentage wise as fish farms.

Have a wee look at what your doing yourselves lads, then ask yourself some serious questions before you start slagging off people providing employment in areas that you think are “nice”!
Real people live there and need work.
  • Like 1

Well, I rest my case, you are both probably every bit as much contributing as much of a carbon footprint percentage wise as fish farms.

Have a wee look at what your doing yourselves lads, then ask yourself some serious questions before you start slagging off people providing employment in areas that you think are “nice”!

The local economy is loosing hundreds of people every year who spend thousands on fishing tourism , most folk I know who have religiously visited Scotland and Ireland for years spending thousands a trip on hotels and ghillies and dining out are stopping as there are no more wild fish.
Even the EPA recommendation is not to eat farmed salmon more than once a month as it’s that toxic.
I find it odd that you think reconstructing an industry to stop it damaging wildlife , the environment and welfare of farmed animals is anything on the level of driving a car or truck.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mull said:

How does your carbon footprint compare then?

• Like 1

With all due respect what’s carbon foot print got to do with the lad talking about toxic fish farming?
i get people need jobs but not at the extent of killing off native fish stocks and feeding people potentially health damaging food.
this is a forum for tree cutters, let’s face it none of us can say we are carbon neutral, unless you live off grid, cut trees with an axe and long saw and never touch man made items/burn anything!

• Like 4

The initial thread was about prosecuting two yank tourist over shooting sheep and red deer, I’m all for local income from tourism and diversity for regional and local income generation, culling deer and feral sheep is called estates management (it has to be done, even the national trust does it)and is at the present time self sustainable, we some how went off on a tangent to fish farming, now yes this does provide employment for many local companies and staff but it isn’t in its present model self sustaining or eco friendly, it has been voiced for many years that it’s polluting the ecosystem and allowing sea lice to flourish at an unnaturally high level.

• Like 3

RIP Sheepys dad

But if this is true and the 2 have been charged with firearms offences that is very bad news for scotlands hunting estates.

It also should be challenged by some of the scottish shooting orgs, like many on here who do know abit about FAC law its quite hard to predict or understand wot they could of been charged with

This has been brought about purely 100% by public opinion/backlash and that should never happen when ur charging folk with criminal charges.

The goats would be wild/feral common all over scotland in some places and the sheep could easily be claimed the same.

I didn't agree with her shooting the sheep, but can understand it was actually better for the estate and the sheep than being carted of to a slaughterhouse to be made into a pie,

The lass has a tv show over in america on hunting so the ammount of bad press tthat could do to shooting/stalking in scotland is immense

As an aside on a foresrty type forum both goats and shep will cause massive damage to trees in scotland and u wouldn't believe probably the biggest killers of goats in scotland are generally 'conservation' charities.  Some of those rewilding charites (NTS, JMT, even RSPB) have a prety much zero tolerance on goats and shoot them on sight, often leaving the carcas on the hill to rot.

Ps Trophy hunting not really my thing either (mainly as i could never afford 1) but those few bigger trophies with the really rich geusts/toff's is wot pays for the stalkers/keepers wage year round.

Sustainable trophy hunting is also  a very good form of 'herd' management if ur managing ur deer herd or land/habitat badly u won't have any trophies to shoot. So if ur producing trophy grade animals year on year ur habitat must be spot on and ur beast's fit and healthy, wots not to like about that. All a bit more complicated than just walking out and shooting the 1st animal u see

In tree terms bit like managing an area of woodland so u always have 'X' ammount of big trees to fell every year, a balance between leaving them to seed for future and not cutting too many down but leaving space etc, so u should always have some more coming on.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, drinksloe said:

RIP Sheepys dad

But if this is true and the 2 have been charged with firearms offences that is very bad news for scotlands hunting estates.

It also should be challenged by some of the scottish shooting orgs, like many on here who do know abit about FAC law its quite hard to predict or understand wot they could of been charged with

This has been brought about purely 100% by public opinion/backlash and that should never happen when ur charging folk with criminal charges.

The goats would be wild/feral common all over scotland in some places and the sheep could easily be claimed the same.

I didn't agree with her shooting the sheep, but can understand it was actually better for the estate and the sheep than being carted of to a slaughterhouse to be made into a pie,

The lass has a tv show over in america on hunting so the ammount of bad press tthat could do to shooting/stalking in scotland is immense

As an aside on a foresrty type forum both goats and shep will cause massive damage to trees in scotland and u wouldn't believe probably the biggest killers of goats in scotland are generally 'conservation' charities.  Some of those rewilding charites (NTS, JMT, even RSPB) have a prety much zero tolerance on goats and shoot them on sight, often leaving the carcas on the hill to rot.

Ps Trophy hunting not really my thing either (mainly as i could never afford 1) but those few bigger trophies with the really rich geusts/toff's is wot pays for the stalkers/keepers wage year round.

Sustainable trophy hunting is also  a very good form of 'herd' management if ur managing ur deer herd or land/habitat badly u won't have any trophies to shoot. So if ur producing trophy grade animals year on year ur habitat must be spot on and ur beast's fit and healthy, wots not to like about that. All a bit more complicated than just walking out and shooting the 1st animal u see

In tree terms bit like managing an area of woodland so u always have 'X' ammount of big trees to fell every year, a balance between leaving them to seed for future and not cutting too many down but leaving space etc, so u should always have some more coming on.

All joking aside your bang on the money. I’ve seen some anti hunting/upper class shite working on conservation and planting jobs, they never seem to like it when you point out where the money and the need for the work your doing actually comes from. I’ve never heard of anyone spending a couple of grande to go walk the dog for a day.

• Like 1