Importing stihl 192t`s

18 stoner

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the French equivalent of VAT?

How many % and can we in the UK claim it back?

If so it makes them reasonably priced.

Mind you, if you read one of the recent threads, wouldn't we would be unprofessional using chainsaws to prune with instead of handsaws?:001_tongue:

Is this the same little saw that has fuel and oil caps on the front next to dog teeth. Correct me if I'm wrong, (I could well be!!!) but didn't the US market have to do a product recall?? Something to do with petrol leaks and ignition/fire risks..

I'll have a look and see if I can find a link...

Nice find steven for anyone going over there.

So am i right thinking thats around £250? Not too bad when a 200t is nearer £400 after discount at the moment.

Oh, and welcome to the forum:hello:

Thanks for the welcome

E355 is nearer £285 with the current exchange rate of 1.25. I should have bought last year when it was nearer 1.5.

Tony

Peters right, they are crap, i've spoke to loads of tree men on yank forums about them , they all say there rubbish and your better off with a silky..

Hmm...reckon you missed my many related posts on the Yank forums.

My woods ported 192T will cut darned near as fast as a stock 200T,and faster than some stock older 335/338's........had mine for over two years...prefer not using it for removals---not same build quality as 200T. The light weight is its best feature. Like it so much, I picked up another one....it will only get a muffler mod.

• 3 years later...
Never thought about france!

What's the French equivalent of VAT?

How many % and can we in the UK claim it back?

If so it makes them reasonably priced.

Mind you' date=' if you read one of the recent threads, wouldn't we would be unprofessional using chainsaws to prune with instead of handsaws?:001_tongue:[/quote']

TVA is 19%:biggrin:

Kit is pricey here in france! Dealers don't offer discount from rrp. I come to England to buy my kit.

You'll do well to find a 192T in England as they're not for sale here:biggrin:

Good resurrection, I'm in the Netherlands at the moment for family stuff and have been asked to send someone of here a 192T by post.

Cheapest I have found so far is rrp though, wich is €400 inc 19%vat.

Postage is about £20.

In theory they should not charge the vat for export, but I've yet to convince the local dealers here this is the case. I'll have a good go on monday.

€400 minus 19% makes 336 wich is about £300.

Anyone else interested in one? Might be able to do a slightly better deal if more people would like one:sneaky2:

De groeten, Daniel

I bought one a couple of months ago in California.It can with a 16" Bar and Chain I thought that was a little optomistic for such a little Saw.

I did a Muffler Mod on it (really easy to do with a Drill and a Saw File) re-tuned it

and away I went.To say I am impressed by it is an understatement.

Its perfect for Conni Hedge Topping,the long Bar is handy for cutting more than one Top at a time.Its not a 200T,but it was less than half the Price.So my 200T's get used half as much and the weight saving is a bounus.