Importing stihl 192t`s

18 stoner

Does any one know why they don't sell them in the UK.

They do sell them over here, but only as back handled versions for domestic use or carving. Its not considered a pro level saw, although i'd like one just for pruning.

If you bought a tophandled version you should still get good parts support from Stihl Uk. Not sure about the top handle parts though.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i have a 192t not a bad saw if u put a ms200t bar and chain on it but i would much prefer a ms200t anyday the plastic on the 192t is rubbish. i had to put washers on the bolts on side casing to hold it on when starting...

192T is what it is, a light pruning saw. Stihl fit a 1.1mm bar and chain for a reason. Going to 1.3mm will add nearly 20% to what the saw has to do.

Yes I use mine on dismatles etc, but as soon as it gets to its limit it is down and a saw fit for the job back up in its place makeing things easier and safer.

192T IMO is a great little saw, but it is not a 200T. :icon14:

Yes I use mine on dismatles etc, but as soon as it gets to its limit it is down and a saw fit for the job back up in its place makeing things easier and safer.

192T IMO is a great little saw, but it is not a 200T. :icon14:

:dito:

I found exactly same, mine came with the narrow bar on 14" so dropped it to 12" but on a 200 bar, then modded exhaust- thats more than made up for running a wider chain:icon14:

I've got an 019T, and i very much like it, especially the curved side handle. It's a great cutter for sure! Think it cost me 75 quid, 90 delivered from the states 2nd hand.

Ive just got to change the bar, chain and sprocket and have to decide what parts to go for to give it a new lease of life. it came with the pico lp chain on a 16inch bad and a heavily worn sprocket.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Leroy Merlin, big B&Q-type store next to Auchan Calais, does 192T and Makita 230/231 for approx Euro355 and 360 respectively. Not US prices but a bit closer! Leroys are in most big French towns. If you're going over, get chainoil & 2stroke in the supermarkets. Most have thier own brand at around E8 for 5 litres chainoil and E6 for 2 litres of 2 stroke which seems much less than I've found here.