travellers

westphalian

It  would be nice if the good Gypsy's disowned the bad ones..   shamed em off their sites.  I know a good few who were christians and I'm sure for the most part they would like to see the back of the bad apples..

I caught myself wondering today about how different things might be if things were different..  a  gypsy camp turns up on a field, the locals curious about their arrival and begin looking for jobs to be done if they turn up at their door...  respectable community of Gypsy's and everyone admires their hard work and industry..   

Pity thats not how it is..   

I feel most people would love that to be the case..   

Before mechanism of farming they were in high demand, much like the Eastern Europeans of today. Then they lost their job and the rest is history

Much like the problem with Ulster. Every fucker south of Carlisle that moved to Ireland from Norman times on assimilated into Irish culture. The Protestant Scots didn’t and so the trouble began ( not forgetting the massive injustices to the Irish from the British)

Travellers chose not to assimilate

5 hours ago, jose said:

Yeah right up to the point they nest in your back garden that u paid the mortgage for the last 30 yrs and they tip up, screw the rules and laws and end up saving on all the years of hard work and interest paid to the bank.

How many times do they buy  farm land, illegally build sites on it over a weekend and then apply for retrospective planning. 3-5 yrs of cheap living and then repeat.

and then the gov protects them calling them a ethnic minority! and protects them.

If joe public did the things they did we would be in court in about 1 hr flat. But they can take over community fields and it takes weeks to move them on, not to mention the mess they leave behind. 

The double standards stinks so bad you almost have to laugh.

I understand why you might well have justifyable malice towards certain people.  Not everyone who lives out a caravan is a villain though.  That's important to remember.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, westphalian said:

My next door neighbour farmer who hates travellers because he gets a shit load of grief from them, tipped asbestos in his old quarry, come tip, where I go rabbit shooting.

We are all bigoted, we all cheat on the law, we all feel aggrieved with our lot but some more than others.

Eggs, isn’t it a viscous circle that travellers chose to be separate from main stream society but then have a chip about it?

I would never have started this thread if I wasn’t pissed off with illegal fly tipping (and had a few cans)

It really does depend on what sort of traveller you are talking about. I think most of the lads on here who live on camps, and call themselves travellers aren't gypsies, they are a different breed. I've lived amongst both. Gypsies don't take to Gorgers, like we don't take to them.

Tarring everyone with the same brush is a really poor way to be going on.

I've lived in the same place for years 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

they're nowhere near as bad as the Taliban - we're lucky in the UK

if birds can make a nest wherever they can find, why can't humans?

I imagine that the Taliban would have a zero tolerance of 'travellers'.

I wouldn't use birds as an example of tolerance, they also shit where they roost, take the Bristol pigeons case.

Ty

It really does depend on what sort of traveller you are talking about. I think most of the lads on here who live on camps, and call themselves travellers aren't gypsies, they are a different breed. I've lived amongst both. Gypsies don't take to Gorgers, like we don't take to them.

Tarring everyone with the same brush is a really poor way to be going on.

I've lived in the same place for years 

So is a gorger a settled person or can it apply to Irish travellers?