Roundup prices

Pretty sure that the Roundup in the OP is cleared for aquatic use and none of the other versions of glyphosate suggested are.

Only matters if using near water but does account for the higher price. I can't see the justification of the higher price but I don't know of an alternative that matches Azural prices.

• Like 2

^No that's the plain roundup. The stuff safe for water is ProBio.

I was getting some on an account for someone recently, local supplier was charging about £65 for 5l of Clinic Up! O.o

The formulations and names changed slightly, Clinic Ace-Clinic Up. Gallup 360-Gallup XL

Think the new stuff is "safer" as there's less additives?

Find a local agronomist to talk to he will fill you in on what is what and what has what in, 

I talk to 1 years ago and baffled me about sprays and how some were named different to get around certain changes when chemicals in some were being band.

52 minutes ago, scbk said:

^No that's the plain roundup. The stuff safe for water is ProBio.

Roundup Biactive GL Benefits

• Reliable and consistent performance in a wide range of weather conditions
  • Rainfast in 1 hour for annuals and Couch, 4 hours for other perennials
  • Can be applied pre or post cut for maximum grass utilisation
  • Treated grassland can be cut, grazed or cultivated after just 5 days
  • Cultivation interval on tilled land 6 hours for annuals, 2 days for couch and 5 days for perennials
  • High level of efficacy and maximum uptake to the roots
  • Wide range of tank mixes
  • No hazard classification
  • Effective in hard water
  • Low drift formulation
  • Approved for use in or near water

No, it is approved for use in or near water.

It would appear from reading the various spec sheets that the glyphosate content/ratio seems to be the same throughout the leading brands, What seems to differ  is the surfactant / rainstay capability and suitability in and around watercourses.

Bob

1 hour ago, aspenarb said:

It would appear from reading the various spec sheets that the glyphosate content/ratio seems to be the same throughout the leading brands, What seems to differ  is the surfactant / rainstay capability and suitability in and around watercourses.

Bob

My understanding is the patent on the basic ingredient, glyphosate, ran out so in order to maintain market share monsanto got approval for slightly different product types which are thus still in patent.