What are your biggest pet peeves?

nath

10 minutes ago, AshleyBuck said:

oh for sure! Ive employed a few people who wear their pants on top of their trousers! and the clear up on jobs is like a proper pet hate of mine to the point where my lads have labelled my blower wife 2 haha. But we all started somewhere :-)

Ah yes you have reminded me of a peeve - employees who stink.  Had a couple of them over the years.  Really difficult to deal with.  Especially when they don't believe you when you tell them.

Needless to say I no longer employ them....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Flotsam.

Though it bothers me to be corrected a little, surprisingly it doesn't bother me that much to get worked up about.. least not on a word like Jetsam and Jetsum...  its not like I use them every day..  nor how I pronounce them..   

none the less I am bothered in this case, not that you've gone to the trouble of correcting an Innocent mistake but that some find that amusing..   

Joe Newton Stubby John P, and one other?..   Am I missing something?...     I went to bed last night scratching my head on this, and this morning I'm still unsure of the joke..    

• Haha 3

I can’t speak for the others of course....

I find your posts so laden with intellectual pretence that when you make comical errors, like your “putting Pandora back in the box” or indeed “flopsum” I point them out.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

Though it bothers me to be corrected a little, surprisingly it doesn't bother me that much to get worked up about.. least not on a word like Jetsam and Jetsum...  its not like I use them every day..  nor how I pronounce them..   

none the less I am bothered in this case, not that you've gone to the trouble of correcting an Innocent mistake but that some find that amusing..   

Joe Newton Stubby John P, and one other?..   Am I missing something?...     I went to bed last night scratching my head on this, and this morning I'm still unsure of the joke..    

You want to get out more if your getting bothered by something like that!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I find your posts so laden with intellectual pretence that when you make comical errors, like your “putting Pandora back in the box” or indeed “flopsum” I point them out.

Intellectual pretence. What a pleasant way of wording it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Errm, so thats it...    Intellectual Pretense.. thats a good one..

Having mused on this, its crossed my mind that you're right..  I've also mused on what to do about it, and have decided of the two options available, that the easiest of the two options is to ignore the critic and carry on with the intellectual Pretense..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

and by the way its a jar not a box...  the original story had her in a jar...   

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gary Prentice said:

I blame Erasmus, translating the Greek 'pithos' into the Latin 'pyxis' for that...

I blame the invention of the box, Pandora's box has so much of a better ring to it...   lets have it right, the Title of the story would sound crap if it was Pandora's Jar..