A Quiet Country Lane

Billhook

18 hours ago, Peasgood said:

Cost me £200 today to hire a skip for someones patios doors and windows and other crap that was kindly left in my gateway.

On a more positive note, there were three of these leather chairs dumped in one of our fields and rather than pay the £200 I took them down to the log cabin where they are fine.  They are tidy and comfortable enough to relax in but not so good that I am bothered about mice chewing them, or people sitting in them with their muddy boots on.They actually go quite well with the poplar logs and copper beech floor.

IMG_1579.JPG

• Like 3

I had some luck a few years ago when someone dumped a few carrier bags of rubbish near where I park my van at home. The stupid woman had only left a bank statement partially sticking out the top of one of the bags! I phoned the council and passed on her details and they sent out someone from Environmental Health. He didn't half tear a strip off her and she had to come out and remove it all under his supervision or get a £200 fine. Made my day that did.

Recently they have become so strict about who can use the recycling centres I can see there being a massive increase in fly tipping. They have height barriers to stop anything over 7' tall going in and if you have a car and trailer they are all over it to ensure you are not a business. All our recycling centres in Fife shut for 2 days during the middle of the week apart from the 3 main ones and they all shut for an hour for lunch. This was just implemented on 1st April so I need to see how that goes. Bloody Austerity>:(

• Like 2

I was dumping an old trailer with an old ride on mower on it . The bloke said I have to pay £6 for the tiers on the trailer  . He did not seem to comprehend that there were 4 others on the mower . Any way he could not manage to log in to the payment system so let me off .  So 2 + 4 + the spare would have been £ 42  .

On 05/04/2018 at 15:46, Ian88 said:

There is a good vid out there taken from dash cam footage where a lady drives down a lane to find 3 guys tipping a load of crap off. When they see the cam they jump on the bonnet, thankfully she was pretty slick at reversing!

just found this, reading through the comments plenty suggesting its fake and one person says 'tap on bonnet to start reversing gives it away as fake lol' looking at the footage it does seem likely, my guess fake

https://youtu.be/snRs3iXMdTc

It does personally wind me up How, for instance last weekend I took a load of stuff from our house reno- 3.50 for a off cut of plaster board, bag of sample wall tiles 3.50. But he was ok for me to put the petrol jetwash that needed a wheel to "one side"
So much crap gets dumped down our lanes, but charging for waste will just keep encouraging the scum

just found this, reading through the comments plenty suggesting its fake and one person says 'tap on bonnet to start reversing gives it away as fake lol' looking at the footage it does seem likely, my guess fake

Yeah definite fake: wimmen can't reverse that fast[emoji849]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1