Anyone bothered with 4x4 double cab tipper?

billpierce

41 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

that looks a cracking wagon, almost worth paying for a new gearbox. 

Bet it weighs nigh on 3t empty without passengers though! That steel back must be bloody heavy

2 hours ago, Coletti said:

Now now, no need to get shirty, I'd tend to agree with him, this double cab has a load space of 2.5 cube and the single cab has a load space of 4 cube. 20180303_000732.jpg20180227_203944.jpg

Hi George, are they both full fat 3.0 Rodeos?  They will give a Toyota Hilux 3.0 Invincible a run for their money if those Isuzu's are the 160bhp versions and/or have the Prodrive performance pack fitted.

2 hours ago, billpierce said:
2 hours ago, White Noise said:
Navaras are known for the chassis problem  ...    Not heard of any Hilux's bending or snapping or any 130s  ?

Just heard from a landy obsessed pal that the crew cab landy 130 chassis it too long to handle a tipper?

i spotted a long  landy 130 in an Exmoor village one day last year and mentioned it to anudder Arbtalker.  He knew the owner and said it had  cracked it's chassis a couple of times and had to be repaired.

Hi George, are they both full fat 3.0 Rodeos?  They will give a Toyota Hilux 3.0 Invincible a run for their money if those Isuzu's are the 160bhp versions and/or have the Prodrive performance pack fitted.
The rodeo is 3l but only 130bhp, the dmax is 2.5l @ 160bhp, not sure they did a 3l dmax
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coletti said:
7 hours ago, wicklamulla said:

The rodeo is 3l but only 130bhp, the dmax is 2.5l @ 160bhp, not sure they did a 3l dmax

silly me as i assumed both were older Rodeos and on closer inspection i can see the single cab is indeed the newer D-Max!   Believe it or not there is a 3.0L D-Max but i have only ever seen 1 in the UK as it was an Import from Australia i believe,  It's not an option available over here from new though.  Your single cab looks smart,  is it uprated to 3500KG Gross?

silly me as i assumed both were older Rodeos and on closer inspection i can see the single cab is indeed the newer D-Max!   Believe it or not there is a 3.0L D-Max but i have only ever seen 1 in the UK as it was an Import from Australia i believe,  It's not an option available over here from new though.  Your single cab looks smart,  is it uprated to 3500KG Gross?
Not yet but it will be soon, it's also having the gross train weight increased from 6t to 7t
  • Like 1

The D max is standard in most places with a 3.0.Thats probably the minimum engine I would have for towing any chipper with authority.I think the Dmax is probably the best work truck going at the moment.

Someone got a good deal on that F-350.Gearboxes are not too expensive for the Yank stuff and a weekend will have it changed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Hill said:

The D max is standard in most places with a 3.0.Thats probably the minimum engine I would have for towing any chipper with authority.I think the Dmax is probably the best work truck going at the moment.

Someone got a good deal on that F-350.Gearboxes are not too expensive for the Yank stuff and a weekend will have it changed.

All the officially imported D Maxes over here are either 2.5 Twin Turbo or the latest model is a 1.9 Turbo.