Ripped off by tree surgeons

Martin95

Yes there would, they would be the good ones.
If you were to take up any profession with the same enthusiasm with which you offer your opinions then you would be very successful.

Not necessarily true, you are mistaking enthusiasm for competence. Which puts us back onto the topic - undue enthusiasm, saws and heights wouldn't be a good combination in my opinion!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WesD said:

Anybody else noticed the Martin has only made 1 post and left us too it :D what a guy!

@Vespasian if anything happened to you or a.n.other whilst you where carrying out Tree Work I’d highly doubt you would be insured without the relevant tickets in place. 

Don't matter when you have " a bit of common sense " and a ladder :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vespasian said:

LOL's I've never employed a tree surgeon and wouldn't be goin to no bank to draw money out for em..   slippers or no slippers..

As to some ending up driving taxi's, can't speak on that, only you aught to know your market before you set off trying to thrive in it.

The slippers thing was me just poking fun at the OP. In no way was he ripped off,. Besides there are plenty of good reasons why one firm would charge £450 and another £100 to do that job. Both could be legit and carry out the job properly, not everyone has the same over heads but then again not everyone can carry out the same tasks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WesD said:

Anybody else noticed the Martin has only made 1 post and left us too it :D what a guy!

@Vespasian if anything happened to you or a.n.other whilst you where carrying out Tree Work I’d highly doubt you would be insured without the relevant tickets in place. 

seein as I've never had a misshap yet, I don't suppose insurgence is an issue...  the only time insurance has been brought up was last year by a nosy neighbor and he asked me to top his tree's after I finished the job I was doing...

Edited by Vespasian

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

seein as I've never had a misshap yet, I don't suppose insurgence is an issue...  the only time insurance has been brought up was last year by a nosy neighbor and he asked me to top his tree's after I finished the job I was doing...

Revolting against civil authority then .........

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

The slippers thing was me just poking fun at the OP. In no way was he ripped off,. Besides there are plenty of good reasons why one firm would charge £450 and another £100 to do that job. Both could be legit and carry out the job properly, not everyone has the same over heads but then again not everyone can carry out the same tasks.

Right on, I can manage small to middling jobs, wouldn't fancy taking on a forest..   then again ain't that the whole point, why employ someone who needs to charge fortunes when you can get someone in who can charge a lot less...

What do I need?.  a chainsaw and a few bits and bobs..