donnk

So in the local last night we were all moaning on how crap the NHS is now. That is to say cant get a GP appointment, cant get an op if needed. If your on the side of the road dieing then you get rapid treatment as they cant really put you in a 8 month queue can they. On the other hand if you need a cateract, hip operation etc then no chance.

The general gist was it needs more money or the doctors need a paycut so there can be more of them. 

Some facts about the money situation for England.

Current account 2017: 

Income from all forms of tax - £730 billion.

Total spent by the gov - £780 billion.

Net result

Added to the UK credit card in 2017 £50 billion.

2017 Annual credit card payment on top of the above: £46 billion.

Now lets look at the NHS, gov spent £124 billion on it in 2017. Lets give NHS 10% more (not enough for the aging population) so we need to find nearly £13 billion.

Now bearing in mind we are negative £46 billion add to this £13 and we now need to find £60 billion.

VAT generates £120 billion so if we increase it by 50% that would cover it. VAT rate of nearly 40%.

or maybe jack up income tax. UK gets £229 billion, abolish the 22% rate so everyone pays 40% would do it.

So when you next see a loony lefty moaning about 'austerity' point out the nonsense they are talking.

Couple links to get info on figs.

https://fullfact.org/economy/interest-payments-national-debt/

https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/government_expenditure.html

• Like 2

Looking at your links the interest has remained about 5% of government spending for years. Debt and financing it just seem like part and parcel of running and financing a country (its half of that in the 50s)
They also show total debt has increased since 2010 when we went all out on austerity.
We aren’t ever going to pay off the debt because we are always borrowing and financing more, just like a company.

1 hour ago, stewmo said:

banks

Who we have to bail out occasionally with their own money so they can pay their annual bonuses out. I've never been refused an operation, who was doing the moaning ? I had to wait 4 months for a hernia operation but I didn't think that was excessive. When I had bladder cancer I was treated within a month so no complaints there either. I spent 4 hours in A&E last Friday getting steri stripped after a dog bite and no complaints again. As for the world of high finance, leave it to those equipped to deal with it is my theory.

Having a vasectomy at the beginning of the month. Only went to book it just before Xmas , not much of a wait there really is there? Just over a month for a non essential op. No too bad at all
I'm not sure it's the same throughout the NHS but mine was done by a sausage factory (pardon the pun) private company but payed for by the NHS. They had a queue of us one after another. Now trying to get a follow up appointment iv waited 11 months as the private clinic want me to pay and the NHS pretty much wash their hands of it as they didn't do the op.

Don't take the above as me slagging off the NHS I am a supporter of it, I feel we are lucky to have it. If you have ever lived abroad and needed hospital treatment you will soon appreciate them!

Ps, the op is a breeze! Anesthetic is the worst part and thats nothing more than unpleasant.
  • Like 1

Typical right wing numpty.

Why am I a right wing numpty?
If there is anything wrong with the nhs then why should I be given first class treatment, as I feel I have been. If there is a problem with them doing operations more important than mine then why is the doctor who is doing my vasectomy doing that and not operating on someone who really needs it? That would be like me going to do a hedge trimming job and leaving a fallen tree cross someone’s driveway doesn’t make sense.