Vasectomy...

tony_t3d

Touchy and personal question.

Basically I had a vasectomy (the snip) 5 months ago had a few weeks off work and followed all doctors advice. Iv since been diagnosed with a side effect of this op called a granulomar. Basically it is a hard painful lump that takes 2-3 years for the body to reabsorb. Nothing can be done its just a matter of maning up and getting on with it.

I was just wondering if anyone has had it done and had issues with thier harness post op?

If anyone has had it done and doesn't mind answering. Was your harness uncomfortable post op?

Since having it done I cannot get as comfortable in my harness. I am constantly trapping one somewhere[emoji23] Is this another thing I will have to man up and get over?

[emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]

53 minutes ago, tony_t3d said:

Touchy and personal question.

Basically I had a vasectomy (the snip) 5 months ago had a few weeks off work and followed all doctors advice. Iv since been diagnosed with a side effect of this op called a granulomar. Basically it is a hard painful lump that takes 2-3 years for the body to reabsorb. Nothing can be done its just a matter of maning up and getting on with it.

I was just wondering if anyone has had it done and had issues with thier harness post op?

If anyone has had it done and doesn't mind answering. Was your harness uncomfortable post op?

Since having it done I cannot get as comfortable in my harness. I am constantly trapping one somewhereemoji23.png Is this another thing I will have to man up and get over?

emoji15.pngemoji15.pngemoji15.pngemoji15.png

Had it done over 25 years ago, took a couple of hours off work, but was several weeks before I fired blanks. First test, they asked me if I really had it done, but a couple of weeks later was all clear. No probs at all. You'll get over it.

I had the snip about 6yr ago. I tried a few harnesses before I bought mine (one in particular kept trapping my nads), can't remember which make. My current harness is fine (edelrid treecore), just suggest you try another one ?borrow one and see if that is more comfortable.

1 hour ago, Will Heal said:

I’m having it done in a months time, so I’m guessing I might not be able to climb for a couple of weeks after? Don’t intend to take any time off work though may have to hire a climber by the sounds of it

I’m sure it Will Heal. 

Sorry couldnt resist. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Many years since I had it done, but I can’t remember any issues. I drove myself home afterwards and started back climbing after a week or so. 

Saying that, I might have still been using a troll sit harness without leg loops at the time. 

Everyones a bit different, a guy I knew couldn’t climb a gate for six months.

Edited by Gary Prentice