Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

'The Navy spotted a small boat'....your 'avin' a barf mate!

A fishing boat picked up a large submarine just outside the Thames Estuary last year, on its 3D fishing sonar. When it was reported to the Admiralty, they said 'none of our subs were operating in the area, your mistaken, its a shipwreck'. The fishing boat skipper replied 'your shipwreck just moved off to the south-west at high speed'.

True story, my mate is in the RNLI.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

That's worrying.

It must have been Korean.

I sh1t you not!  Our ships ARE built in Korea!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tide-class_tanker

One of my oppo's sailed back in one.  There are some cracking stories under the radar.  Build was delayed  - by the only system that was UK supplied, the comms fit - so crew had to stay in country longer than expected.  Consequently, The visa were wrong for the build / transit crews, they had tourist rather than working visas so every 6 weeks they had to fly out of Korea to Thailand to renew visas.  Trouble was, too many senior crew were bringing back their Thai "lady friends" with them, divorce rate sky rocketed!!  

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, WesD said:

Do you agree that controlled and skilled immigration is a positive and a must?

Yes, Yes I do!

I'll even put it in bold to make it clear. I believe controlled and skilled immigration is a positive and a must!

I even said it before!!!

On 23 November 2017 at 19:42, matelot said:

I have no problem with a points based immigration system. 

However the immigration we've been getting hasn't been controlled or skilled.

There's an estimated 80,000 to 300,000 Roma living in the UK..... Why are we allowing a group of people associated with crime into the UK? To look after each person in the UK will cost circa £10k plus a year each. That's billions of pounds a year to look after the Roma... all at the same time public services are gettting cut to the bone.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/24/roma-in-uk-deeply-insecure-after-vote-to-leave-eu-thinktank-says

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matelot said:

Yes, Yes I do!

I'll even put it in bold to make it clear. I believe controlled and skilled immigration is a positive and a must!

I even said it before!!!

However the immigration we've been getting hasn't been controlled or skilled.

There's an estimated 80,000 to 300,000 Roma living in the UK..... Why are we allowing a group of people associated with crime into the UK? To look after each person in the UK will cost circa £10k plus a year each. That's billions of pounds a year to look after the Roma... all at the same time public services are gettting cut to the bone.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/24/roma-in-uk-deeply-insecure-after-vote-to-leave-eu-thinktank-says

Great now we know you want and like skilled migration and it is unskilled migration that take from society that you don’t like. 

Great migration is done. 

Soooooo how’s about we find a new topic to debate and we stay away from migration because to be frank we all know where we stand. 

Summary

Migration, done. 

New subject/topic needed. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, EdwardC said:

Countries bend over backwards to do a trade deal http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42121442

Because we're a big important nation that has taken back control, secured our independence day, ignored project fear, can spend £350 million a week on the nhs and can control our borders. And we're the fifth, sorry that's sixth, or is it ninth largest economy in the world without whom no other country can function.

Where's all the real positive stuff about Brexit. And I don't mean rose tinted glasses or daydreaming stuff.

We haven’t done any of the above ..... we are in the process of leaving we haven’t left anything yet. 

We know from being in the EU what to expect we were hardly on the steep upward curve whilst in the EU where we?

Some would predict with ever more countries joining and receiving handouts it would have cost us more than we where already paying although that’s hard to say as we are coming out but we where/are the 2nd biggest contributer behind Germany yet when Cameron when cap in hand to them for a bit more bang for our buck what did he get? Nothing. 

Trade with the EU will not disappear when we leave, Edward do you think our nurseries will not be able to purchase stock from the Netherlands and Italy amongst others when we leave?

When we do leave will be when we can make real judgements on how we will do with other trade deals but in simple terms if/when we have a trade deal with the EU upon exit the same amounts of money will cross water between us and the EU however when we add other trade deals with other nations do you think we won’t use them or do you think it will open up new business ventures? Now if it will open new business ventures then as well as dealing with the EU we will be adding that with new trade deals so will our economy stay the same be less or grow?

I think it will grow as our options will be more not less. 

People need to keep in mind trade is not from government to government it is between the likes of you and I. 

Someone can can correct me if I’m wrong but I am sure I read a long time ago that every time the UK has put forward changes, amendments or asked for anything from the EU it has been refused. It is hardly the gentleman’s club people believe it to be. 

• Like 5

expert economists cant agree what will happen when we leave the EU...so us bunch of tree gimps have no chance...that said, we can all say what we THINK might happen. What will not happen, is that we will not adopt the Euro and we won't be part of the Schengen zone in 2020...as was planned.

The EU is in transition to become a Federal State, its members will have no autonomy. We will not be part of that...but we will trade and join any military misadventures the EU is blundering into. That much we do know!.

What will it be like not being part of the European Union...just look at the rest of the World...most Nations are not part of it. Carry on - like we did prior to 1998, 1993 and 1974.

• Like 2

Seeing as nearly everything for sale in this country seems to be made in China ...do we have to pay for the "right " to buy from them ?   and can their citizens come to the UK and live , or us go there to live ?  I am not sure I would like to live under their " human rights "   ... however they are not trying to impose them on us are they !!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, arbogrunt said:

expert economists cant agree what will happen when we leave the EU...so us bunch of tree gimps have no chance...that said, we can all say what we THINK might happen. What will not happen, is that we will not adopt the Euro and we won't be part of the Schengen zone in 2020...as was planned.

The EU is in transition to become a Federal State, its members will have no autonomy. We will not be part of that...but we will trade and join any military misadventures the EU is blundering into. That much we do know!.

What will it be like not being part of the European Union...just look at the rest of the World...most Nations are not part of it. Carry on - like we did prior to 1998, 1993 and 1974.

I always wanted to raise my game to " treegimp " :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1