Whats your multione loader doing today ?

digaholedumper

8 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

The choice was a very considered one.  

Cut and grab has the potential to transfer high lever loads to a relatively small machine with narrow wheel base giving rise to the very real potential for toppling it over - not good, plus it's heavier.  Fine on a big swing shovel but not on the smaller MO (just my view.). Plus, it restricts you to cutting out trees that stand vertical only.  The restrictions of having a fixed plane cutting head are far greater than the advantages of the rotator.  

Cut and release provides the advantage, through the rotator, of a degree of directional felling capability but most importantly, allows for cuts from the vertical right through to the horizontal plane - an obvious benefit if doing hedge reductions or the first cuts of lower crown pruning etc.

It is perfectly possible to cut and let fall, then pick up and transport using the shear, or fell, cut to length and stack so as to come back with forks or grab and lift a load for transport.  

I guess it depends upon the scope of the majority of the work the unit is required for - for me, cut and hold was the poor relation on all counts.

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 11.22.59.png

Very interesting, and good points you make there.  Not quite the same picking up capability as the normal shear, but good enough, I can see that. 

How does the fell aspect work, do you use the rotator aspect to push it where desired whilst cutting, or is it designed to always push the felled stem/branch away from the loader?

5 minutes ago, Domino said:

Very interesting, and good points you make there.  Not quite the same picking up capability as the normal shear, but good enough, I can see that. 

How does the fell aspect work, do you use the rotator aspect to push it where desired whilst cutting, or is it designed to always push the felled stem/branch away from the loader?

I haven't gone big yet, but the size of tree would be limited by the width of the jaws opening or the lift capacity of the base machine.  Not dissimilar for either option I would have thought?

It's not like placing a face cut or pushing over with wedges in the desired direction, the fell is with the direction of lean.  I guess you could give it a tweak as it went over but it would be tricky and variable in effect.  The logic was that if in a tight spot or accuracy was essential, it would probably mean this was the wrong tool for the job anyway.  A grab would be better but it still presents the stability concern which would mean only a relatively small diameter tree could be tackled.  If it were lots of small trees in a tight spot then, in that circumstance, I'd agree, the grab would be better...

As with so many things....  Compromise on one aspect to gain on another according to your best guess of current and future need.

Cheers for them links Kevin and i'm now even more confused on which attachment to buy. 

I think i'll follow your advice and look at what attachment is going to suit me best as like you say it is completely dependent on the type of work carried out. 

That brush looks spot on. When i first looked the other night i thought that it looked a bit gimmicky but after watching the links you have put and your cheesy vid:D it's completely changed my mind.

Jim

While i think on has anyone thought or tried a post knocker on the front? 

I've seen the stake installers by MO but they look a bit pants for the limited vids I've seen. Obviously not expecting power to whack a stonking strainer in but for stock fence round stakes. I thought a light oxdale knocker and a adapted 3 point linkage would maybe be useful.

Jim

2 minutes ago, chopper brown said:

Cheers for them links Kevin and i'm now even more confused on which attachment to buy. 

I think i'll follow your advice and look at what attachment is going to suit me best as like you say it is completely dependent on the type of work carried out. 

That brush looks spot on. When i first looked the other night i thought that it looked a bit gimmicky but after watching the links you have put and your cheesy vid:D it's completely changed my mind.

Jim

:thumbup1:

Once I've fab'ed up an off-set bracket so that the brush is outside the wheel base it'll be very handy! 

Not necessarily what MO had in mind when they designed the muck grab...

Helping local parks team clear out waste from a woodland. Skidding out filthy mattress's is a new one for me.  The grapple work well though.  Used the XL bucket to shift 2-3 tons of general waste as well. Not  a glamorous job but it all counts.   

Edited by richy_B
  • Like 1