Tattoos and company/staff image

Chrissy

Just now, forestboy1978 said:

I love how I'm the one being cautious and I'm the one being labelled as a liability lol

I am a liability, that's the irony and even I think it's worth thinking about OMG.

Surely someone in the history of tree surgery has exploded in a tree god dammit haha

Me tutor at college exploded himself, but that was by pouring fuel on what he thought was an extinguished brash pile.  He also smoked sixty tabs a day and was one of the best climbers I've had the good fortune to meet.

• Like 1

^True story.

I've nothing against Tattoos, or smoking on site.  I get pissed off at unneccessay bad language on site, sometime's it is necessary though...  I also tend to work with people who are generally pretty amicable, so I know that if the client/potential client engages them, they're unlikely to turn into rude kid, or mumble something daft and wander off looking at their phones.

If I was working for someone who didn't like smoking on site, then I wouldn't smoke on site.  Unles they were a bit of a dick, then I'd break out the king edwards.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Did he survive?

I'll be the first then. I'll be up there and think, well, everyone seems to think I'm an idiot, they must be right, damn this is stressful. I'll have a cig. BOOM. 

Oh aye.  Exploded may have been a tad of exaggeration.  Engulfed in a fireball is a more accurate description.  His trousers were a mess.

I should add, that his trousers were only a mess because they'd burnt a bit.  At no point did he seem to shit himself.

Edited by Mark J
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Did he survive?

I'll be the first then. I'll be up there and think, well, everyone seems to think I'm an idiot, they must be right, damn this is stressful. I'll have a cig. BOOM. 

Get yerself a battery saw if you're that bothered. Or even a robotab.  Bit boring but will lessen the chance of exploding.  Unless, you leave the charger on for too long.  That could really scupper things...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark J said:

^True story.

I've nothing against Tattoos, or smoking on site.  I get pissed off at unneccessay bad language on site, sometime's it is necessary though...  I also tend to work with people who are generally pretty amicable, so I know that if the client/potential client engages them, they're unlikely to turn into rude kid, or mumble something daft and wander off looking at their phones.

If I was working for someone who didn't like smoking on site, then I wouldn't smoke on site.  Unles they were a bit of a dick, then I'd break out the king edwards.

Why would you bring potatoes out to annoy someone?

• Haha 2

I am getting the Husqy batter top handled as a matter of fact but not cos of fear of explosion.

Bad language and smoking is not necessary on site. I have no problem with smoking on site as long as it's not every 20 mins and they have asked the customer if it's OK, even if they are in a garden. Prefer it to be out of sight though regardless. Doesn't look good. 

Edited by forestboy1978
missed out "not"

I am getting the Husqy batter top handled as a matter of fact but cos of fear of explosion.

Bad language and smoking is not necessary on site. I have no problem with smoking on site as long as it's not every 20 mins and they have asked the customer if it's OK, even if they are in a garden. Prefer it to be out of sight though regardless. Doesn't look good. 

Battery’s go pop too dude , and that’s with out smoking tabs ... like I said earlier I’ve never seen any saw explode ... there was a time I heard of a lad who I showed a trick too that if you emptied a tiny bit of fuel out your saw tank on some dead pine needles and fanned with the exhaust it would get a bonfire going real quick with out a blower and litres of diesel.. unfortunately his saw went up when he put the exhaust up close after dumping half a tank on some scotty needles, I guess petrol vapour on a naked flame ... I’ve fuelled up daily with a tab going as break is a tab and refuel and get cracking again and never ended engulfed in a ball of flames , not saying it’s a bright thing to do ...but there it is.