Petzl Sequioa Harness

Backpain

The old ball locks do you mean?

Yes the old ball locks. Going back a few years (at least 10-15) they had a recall on them, I think or it might have been the first metal ones, I am not sure but it was a fairly long time ago!

Anyway they never really failed, unless the barrels where full of dirt, but seemed flimsy to me and more expensive then DMM or ISC, perhaps it was because they where made in France and with Petzl stamped on them, and not made in the UK.

Martyn

I guess your right on balance it is a very comfortable harness and the clips are never going to come out because they're looped in. If the little plastic clips break I imagine you can replace the whole buckle as it's got screws on it. Typlically french though, allowing the attention to detail to get lost somewhere while in the vinyard.  I can probably live with its little foibles for now.

Cheers Fellas

On 10/6/2017 at 23:34, Stephen Blair said:

They are no use for dangling, they hurt your dangles! I miss my old seat harness.

Ive got two...I got a new one at the Arbshow, but found my gonads were getting squashed....even with the new attachable seat. So I managed to get hold of one of the last Sequoia swings, which I used for bigger climbs, the other for conifers and takedowns. I'm now happy, my gonads are also happy :)

Has anyone used the new simarghu fire harness? Doesnt look much difference to the TM.

want a change from TM now. Had a full fat Tm harness before and was ok. Got a TM light now and not keen. 

Im after something with a bit more comfort and im a skinny frame and want some padding / comfort around hips and dont want them bungies twanging my arse all the time like on the TM lol

any suggestions?

will look at the thread title harness

9 minutes ago, swinny said:

Has anyone used the new simarghu fire harness? Doesnt look much difference to the TM.

I couldn't really see much difference to the treemotion at all with the exception of the leg pads, and different coloured hardware.

• Like 1

want a change from TM now. Had a full fat Tm harness before and was ok. Got a TM light now and not keen. 

Im after something with a bit more comfort and im a skinny frame and want some padding / comfort around hips and dont want them bungies twanging my arse all the time like on the TM lol

any suggestions?

will look at the thread title harness

How are you wearing yours? The tm is designed to sit just below your hips.