Youngster's ignorance of recent history.

eggsarascal

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's your starter for ten Gary....

What were New Order called before they were called Joy Division?

[emoji41]

Timon.

It's disturbing that I know the answer, and also what Joy Division means.

Nearly as disturbing as knowing about 1D....

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Eggs, I can understand your frustration when it comes to people in their teens or 20's. If I attemp to engage people male or female about history in my country much less world history they not only could care less they basically think I am an inigma or so much smarter than they could ever become. I don't hold their lack of knowledge against them since they are a product of the dumbing down of American society as a whole. Just a lot more annoying here since we have so many more masses of asses that can only think about themselves and no one and nothing else matters.

easy-lift guy

I think it is a bit misleading to compare knowledge of popular music with knowledge of who's who in the Royal Family. Musical fashions come and go, and individuals have their own tastes anyway. The Royals are an integral part of the way this country is governed and affect us all, even if we think things should be different.

People of all generations should take an interest in factors which shape daily life whether we want them to or not. Celebrity culture is optional.

Eggs, I can understand your frustration when it comes to people in their teens or 20's. If I attemp to engage people male or female about history in my country much less world history they not only could care less they basically think I am an inigma or so much smarter than they could ever become. I don't hold their lack of knowledge against them since they are a product of the dumbing down of American society as a whole. Just a lot more annoying here since we have so many more masses of asses that can only think about themselves and no one and nothing else matters.

easy-lift guy

Ha ha ha.