Staff issues

simonm

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who is young and new to the industry its definitely interesting to see. From my perspective as long as the pay is fair and you get treated right then you cant be complaining, gotta start somewhere. Too many lads out there dont like the graft!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

The question is………………………………..whats fair????:001_huh:

Depends on what you can do and where you are, personally where I am, as a groundie(for now) if someone could offer a fulltime contract id take a slightly lower pay grade for the security and opportunity to work alongside experienced individuals

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

Your still not giving any figures.

Is it your company mark I thought you worked for heritage?

I help to manage the company all aspects of it having worked for Hugo for 10years as a freelance arborist.

I think it's a testament that not many people leave Heritage to go work elsewhere. The longest serving climber we have had worked for us for nearly 20years now at 47.

The average age is 37 and the average day rate is the upper figure mentioned around here.

I really like how we do things and am trying hard to keep it going, I am privy to and involved in all aspects include purchasing equipment, hiring staff, running commercial and domestic contracts and carrying out surveys.

We do alright but I would say we are one of the cheaper companies out there.

I help to manage the company all aspects of it having worked for Hugo for 10years as a freelance arborist.

I think it's a testament that not many people leave Heritage to go work elsewhere. The longest serving climber we have had worked for us for nearly 20years now at 47.

Is that the legend that is Quen, Marc?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Any way .... in ten years I went through 8 staff members building a business up ...I could not afford more than £80 a day for a groundy but I was never surprised when they left nor did I do any things to discourage them from bettering them selfs just always said if you leave please give me as much notice as possible out of those 8 only 4 remained on in the industry ,3 had already been in it so I guess just needed more time in it before deciding there next move but those 4 all are doing really well and I'm proud to of had a part in what ways I could... only one of those lads did I fall out with that left suddenly and left me up sh creek!! So my point kind of is if you treat them fairly and give them a bonus if they are due one if they decide to leave and give you plenty of notice and maybe even help train or give there replacement a few pointers it does not put you in a position that gives you sleepless nights and stress ! But you can never blame any one for wanting to move up or better them selves.

This is a more valid point than people realise in the moment.

When the attitude is i can clear off and do what i want. You havnt got a contract over me that says otherwise.

It can come back and bite you in the bum. Everyone ive ever worked for ive bumped into again since. More than not ive gained jobs or contacts. Im talking about a large geographic area. Ive always left in a civil fashion or on very good terms.

Ive seen the cocky swagger off. Then return. To be told no thank you. We are doing well without you.

Sent from my LG-K100 using Arbtalk mobile app