Staff issues

simonm

Incorrect.

Everyone has to pay NI.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

"As the company is free to pay its directors whatever they want (directors’ income is not subject to minimum wage legislation), it makes sense to maximise the amount paid by dividend and therefore avoid paying employees and employers NI."

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R.e the original question.

It sounds as if you aren't paying enough money to keep good lads.

What good bloke(or lady) is going to sweat and get mucky for the suggested salary of 385 per week? That might work for a while but its not sustainable.

All well and good a suggesting love of the job. But you can earn that money doing a nice easy job and not be knackered every evening with bad knees and elbows.

People that make the work flow smoothly, efficiently and increase production are worth good money.

That or buy more kit and try and lose some staff where possible.

Thats a pretty sweeping and generally untrue statement.

I certainly know a couple of people at work that "employ" their wife through their business.

I'm not saying it's right, however it's certainly one way to reduce the tax/ NI a family pay.

Not in arb. But other enterprises i know alot of women at home glammed up on books absolutely clueless about the business on a good whack. Company car etc.

My wife actually does work with me and has a good idea of whats what. She is "employed" by me genuinely.

Sent from my LG-K100 using Arbtalk mobile app

Not in arb. But other enterprises i know alot of women at home glammed up on books absolutely clueless about the business on a good whack. Company car etc.

My wife actually does work with me and has a good idea of whats what. She is "employed" by me genuinely.

Sent from my LG-K100 using Arbtalk mobile app

Thing is should they divorce she will get half, so I guess you should save tax were you can :biggrin:

I certainly know a couple of people at work that "employ" their wife through their business.

I'm not saying it's right, however it's certainly one way to reduce the tax/ NI a family pay.

OK sorry, you know 2 people who do, so thats defiantly "most" self-employed then :001_rolleyes:

OK sorry, you know 2 people who do, so thats defiantly "most" self-employed then :001_rolleyes:

I work with 4 self employed people. I know two employ their wife's in the business.. I never asked the other two if they employ their wife's...

I don't know your financial or life story. However you could potentially employ your wife and have a higher family income.

I know climbers that are only on 10 quid an hour. Not for a groundsman no way. 75 -85 a day if they are decent and can drive fell tow use the lowering ropes ect

Sent from my SM-G935F using Arbtalk mobile app

I struggle with it, I'd rather have good experienced guys and pay them good money, you get what you pay for and experienced qualified staff are worth their money and dare I say it even more. So of those I work with want more money although until my competition charges more money so we can I cannot pay more than we do.

Pay scales are equal we have ground crew, climbers and tree planters on the same money, the works are often of same value so don't see why pay should be any different.

We will pay good money to the right individual, and those that grow with the business we hope to keep as it takes years and years to develop someone.