Hayfever

Steve Bullman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suffered both Asthma and Hay fever from Childhood, the tablets the Doc gave me as a kid never helped, and the Hay fever made the Asthma really bad. (and my Dr wouldn't let me have an inhaler, said I would get addicted to it, I got one when I moved to Devon, because the tablets I was taking for Asthma were said to be "harmful" :thumbdown:)

As a kid, and growing up, the more time I spent by and in the sea, the better I felt.

I was still not good with the Hay fever 6 or 7 years ago, Asthma was diminishing, feels like it's gone now, 5 or 6 years ago

And I haven't suffered Hay fever for at least 3 years

The tablets are far better these days, I use Loratadine, PLUS for the last 3 years I've taken a teaspoon of local honey every day starting in early March

I suffer from the year round variant, rhinitis. Before I found a way of treating it, it was miserable. Nose running like a tap, red itching eyes and a raspy cough. (Think it might be a dust mite allergy). I tried loratadine which didn't touch it, then I tried Cetirizine which is really effective. I take one at bedtime so any drowsiness will work in my favour.

Timon.

Well thanks for all the advice everyone. I took the clarityn for the past couple days and also local honey. might be a bit early to tell but my breathing does seem a bit better. Will know better when I start climbing on tuesday. Off work Thursday so will be heading to the doctor for a check up anyway. Hopefully this thread will help others in my shoes too.

Well thanks for all the advice everyone. I took the clarityn for the past couple days and also local honey. might be a bit early to tell but my breathing does seem a bit better. Will know better when I start climbing on tuesday. Off work Thursday so will be heading to the doctor for a check up anyway. Hopefully this thread will help others in my shoes too.

I expect that the dry crap in that conifer hedge didn't help. I have been blasting out black snot for the last 3 days. :001_rolleyes:

Steve the honey will take a few weeks to start working

Do you live far from the sea?

If it's not too far I would get to the beach in the evening for a walk (or a fishing session :thumbup1: ) and get some sea air in your lungs, and less pollen there, will help with the hayfever