Hayfever

Steve Bullman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get hay fever although this year so far very mild. Hay fever brings a touch of asthma. But what really brings on shocking asthma is dogs or rabbits jumping over me that have been laying in hay.

Damp or any sort of wood rot in the house and I am up the hospital on a nebuliser. Not had a problem for a few years at all.

The other thing that can kick it off is when the temperature is around 14 deg and damp.

I am no doctor but your problem sounds more asthma than hay fever steve although the hay fever may be bringing it on. You could carry a blue and brown puffer like my self but not actually need it for years.

I get hay fever although this year so far very mild. Hay fever brings a touch of asthma. But what really brings on shocking asthma is dogs or rabbits jumping over me that have been laying in hay.

Damp or any sort of wood rot in the house and I am up the hospital on a nebuliser. Not had a problem for a few years at all.

The other thing that can kick it off is when the temperature is around 14 deg and damp.

I am no doctor but your problem sounds more asthma than hay fever steve although the hay fever may be bringing it on. You could carry a blue and brown puffer like my self but not actually need it for years.

I agree, I had fairly late (20's) onset of asthma, had hay fever come on strong at a similar age and a combo of the two can be a bit of a problem. See a doctor and make sure you know what needs dealing with, I reckon?

Try putting Vaseline at the opening of your nose....it catches the pollen. ( may look weird but it works ! )

I now use Piriton antihistamine.

Years ago I used to have a steroid injection, which would last about a month, to get me through the worst of the season.

Vasine in the nose is really effective, air waves chewing gum, fisherman friend etc help open the airways/clear the nose, sun glasses help the eyes too

Vasine in the nose is really effective, air waves chewing gum, fisherman friend etc help open the airways/clear the nose, sun glasses help the eyes too

As Josh says you should pop down the habour and try sucking a fishermans friend.:thumbup1:

Although I dont suffer from hay fever (do suffer sinus problems though) the local honey is an intersting bit of information!

As Josh says you should pop down the habour and try sucking a fishermans friend.:thumbup1:

Although I dont suffer from hay fever (do suffer sinus problems though) the local honey is an intersting bit of information!

Well done!

I've just spat lumps of Toblerone over the screen.:laugh1::sneaky2: