Depression

eggsarascal

You should have just left it with your first sentence.

A kick up the arse is probably what's needed.

I was going to leave it at that, knowing you'd "get it"!

But didn't fancy the flak from the ones "that know better"![emoji3]

It's a delicate place, the old Internet forum, you can crack a joke and then become the devil himself!!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Sorry to hear this Eggs, knowing a little of what you have overcome in your life, I have the greatest respect for you. AFAIK there are two kinds of depression: the reactive kind, that is a result of circumstances or trauma. Or the other kind is clinical and is a result of brain chemistry being out of balance. I suppose that knowing which one you are suffering from would help you combat it.

Hope you can get on the good side of it mate.

• Like 1

funnily enough i've been taking that recently. Apparently its a good combatant for colds etc as it gives us in the winter what we would normally be getting in the summer. Unaware of the depression link though but seems to make sense

If you feel the vit k helped pick you up try the red light treatment you can hire them like sunbeds a few people I know have bought them and spend 20 mins on them everyday they swear by them.

There's a guy on YouTube called John Bergman that covers this topic and many others explains it in a way that's easy to understand. He's what I would call a real Docter not a pill pusher.

Sorry to hear this Eggs, knowing a little of what you have overcome in your life, I have the greatest respect for you. AFAIK there are two kinds of depression: the reactive kind, that is a result of circumstances or trauma. Or the other kind is clinical and is a result of brain chemistry being out of balance. I suppose that knowing which one you are suffering from would help you combat it.

Hope you can get on the good side of it mate.

I believe one can actually lead to the other, as in if you have troubles to deal with for long periods, your brain chemistry can change making the depression no longer a result of your problems, but THE problem, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

I would not say "bollocks" to medication, as I will probably remain on a wee tablet for the rest of my life, the Doc, who it must be said cannot understand depression/mood swings, admitted that it was a "suck it and see" approach, trying me on a couple before finding one that was compatible with my particular chemistry, i.e stabilizing without zombiefying

When I came off the meds one spring I went bloody hyper and bought yon 3PH Baker sawmill, which still sits as an expensive reminder to stay on the meds.

good luck

mth

• Haha 1

Exercize works for me.Still get down sometimes,same as you mate no reason.comes and goes.

I really dont think happy pills help either.

Im more of an highs and lows though but only thing that helps me with the lows is the mountains or lifting weights at the gym.

Im pretty sure ive some sort of ptsd from my military days but im not sure.

I know this probably wont help you any but dont suffer alone.

Sometimes it helps to speak to a professional.

Dont suffer alone mate

I agree with this, 100%- anybody suggesting more exercise to a tree surgeon to deal with depression and he's probably thinking "are you bloody mad??", but often i go running (ideally on rural bridleways etc), after work, and it's a totally different thing to work related exertion. They reckon cold water swimming works fantastically well too, endorphin effects and so on wipe the floor with depressive states. I'm convinced the right type of exercise could potentially help the vast majority of cases, though to be realistic there is a difference between "help" and "cure". I've had a few bad states of the blues in the past and i wish somebody had suggested a natural fix then. You'll get through it :thumbup1:

• Like 1

I believe one can actually lead to the other, as in if you have troubles to deal with for long periods, your brain chemistry can change making the depression no longer a result of your problems, but THE problem, if that makes sense.

Good point. I do believe that our brains can be "trained" so to speak. It's a bit more involved than telling people to simply "get a grip". I read something about how neural pathways develop in the brain in regards to their chemistry by certain stimuli. (This was in regard to the subject of addiction and not depression, though) It's an interesting subject. [emoji106]

In fact PM me if you want any specific suggestions, if i ever get the time I'm trying to get a book together based on trying to keep in good nick mentally and physically in middle age. You need to keep your diet good and don't ignore the idea of taking vits as somebody else has just suggested.

Edited by Flarris
spelling error
  • Like 1