Depression

eggsarascal

I have borderline personality disorder which manifests in anxiety attacks, mood swings, anger and depression. Just finished several sessions with a psychiatrist and also a psychologist after a very bad year. Personally, the professional help and meds are the only thing that pulled me around.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Like 1

Very honest post eggs :thumbup1:

I get fed up and lose my motivation from time to time, but think I'm lucky that I don't get real depression. My mum has suffered from it for much of her life

breaking her neck and becoming a quadriplegic has not really helped.

When I am down I find physical exercise really helps, there are many days when I really don't feel like getting out of bed and going to work, but once I'm on site, up a tree, I feel 100% better.

Life ain't easy, hope you shoot the black dog real soon eggs :001_smile:

Can sympathise with you on that I get the same but when I get going it seems to sort itself out. I think it's worse the more time I have to think about things and stress over them

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Like 1

Depression could be caused by another condition. Have you had your thyroid checked? Under active can lead to depression Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) - NHS Choices

That's interesting, I was diagnosed with under active thyroid 8 years ago and will be on pills for the rest of my life despite showing no obvious physical signs of being under (almost opposite in fact)

I have days and some times weeks where I feel so fed up and deflated in general, very irritable but like eggs I really have nothing to be moaning about- I always tended to put it down to self employment and basically having my brain so active about work stuff all the time that I could think of little else.

Do you have many hobbies or pastimes eggs? If so try and focus on these.. although that said when I'm down I struggle to even enthuse about them.

As much as I don't really like everything being given a label I'm sure there is a direct correlation between weather and wellbeing- call it S.A.D if you must!

• Like 1

Im not surprised. Swinging whilst concentrating on his stroke would be a big no, no in our house.

I'll get me coat.

Ha Haa, at least my incompetent typing will have put a smirk on your face bud 😝

Better make sure shmba don't see this or she'll know why I always came back in a better mood 😉

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Haha 1

Hi Eggs,

Sorry to hear this, but dont take pills - they only benefit the doctors that push em.

Try and do stuff that makes you feel good, look at things in a positive light, go for walks in the country, etc etc as per SkyH: When I am down I find physical exercise really helps, there are many days when I really don't feel like getting out of bed and going to work, but once I'm on site, up a tree, I feel 100% better.

Thats always going to make you feel good

Spring is on the way & the clocks go forward soon so that is always a good thing.

& let rip with your 395 that should be good therapy

N

• Like 1

I agree with the get your thyroid checked I was diagnosed with depression and put on them pills where you slept standing up , didn't take many of them , wwent back to docs in 2008/09 several times then they decided to take bloods , 5 days later ba k to docs very under active thyroid been pissing about with dosage now for nearly 10 yrs but do feel a lot better but is this not the time of the year when about 65% of the country feel depressed and down in the dumps, but I would request some blood tests asap

Hi Eggs, hope you pull yourself round soon matey.

Me myself i suffer from stress quite easily. I'm currently going through a messy divorce and i'm up and down like a yoyo. I literately feel like banging my head against a brick wall. The solicitors are useless and just dont seem to understand how everything effects you and they just dont seem to care how long things drag on. I have good days and bad. But i'm lucky that i have a good job and a few good people that i can talk to that knows what i'm going through.

So hang in there pal, you will get over it.

• Like 1