Depression

eggsarascal

I found talking to a psychologist, someone who is none judgemental and can help you work through issues was a massive help. I have some close friends and a very loving and patient wife who I couldn't talk to and I bottled it all up until I snapped. Now, I tend to not over think things, tell people my issues as they arise and am much more open with er indoors.

Bottling things up is a really bad idea - the more you bottle up the bigger the pop in the end.

That sounds grim. What I'm experiencing is nothing like your Dad. I'm just down and can't get myself back-up, my get up and go as got up and gone.

I can talk the hind legs off a Donkey.

Now, where's that mojo of mine.

Cheer up you miserable old git!

I'm jesting of course eggs and I can't offer any advice. It's a hellish thing, I'm sure most of us have come across it at some point with friends and family.

The fact you're talking about it is good[emoji106].

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Edited by Mull
  • Like 1

Cheer up you miserable old git!

I'm jesting of course eggs and I can't offer any advice. It's a hellish thing, I'm sure most of us have come across it at some point with friends and family.

The fact you're talking about it is good[emoji106].

You should have just left it with your first sentence.

A kick up the arse is probably what's needed.

Edited by eggsarascal

For people that suffer from SAD/lack of sunlight vitamin K would red light treatment be worth a go?

funnily enough i've been taking that recently. Apparently its a good combatant for colds etc as it gives us in the winter what we would normally be getting in the summer. Unaware of the depression link though but seems to make sense

Ive never suffered with it myself but feel for anyone who does,i had a life changing accident in 1990 and could easily have let life get me down but, made the most of everyday since but not everyone is the same, head up Eggs

It's a bastard Eggs, my mam suffers, so I know it's much more complex than the 'man up' ethos I was bought up with.

When you feel down, focus on a future event like coming to Cutters in April. That will make you happy.

Then think about sharing a 2-man tent with me and Joe Newton.

Carry that thought in your mind.

I bet your cheeky little grin has started already, hasn't it?

• Haha 1

You should have just left it with your first sentence.

A kick up the arse is probably what's needed.

Yea, I'd say its not far off the mark, and less time figuring what lifes all about and more time livin it....

Now, if only I might follow my own advice. Trouble is, I'm only happy when I'm miserable... Damn...:confused1:

• Haha 1