Spam on chrome through Arbtalk

stewmo

I can no longer look at arbtalk on my pc or laptop. It is ONLY on arbtalk. On chrome or explorer. I have run several maleware prevention programs. Takes over browser and have to reset.

Never had it with firefox .

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben, I know you're a busy man but wonder if you could do me a favour? I cannot replicate this my end at all and the server techs have ruled out an issue with Arbtalk. I'm thinking it's a chrome extension might be causing this. Any chance you could try disabling extensions one at a time and trying Arbtalk?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yeah that's something entirely different, that's happening with me too after updating Firefox. It's merely stating that Arbtalk isn't https. It just means your password isn't encrypted, not that the site is compromised. I am going to purchase an ssl certificate for it anyway to end that error message

Ben, I know you're a busy man but wonder if you could do me a favour? I cannot replicate this my end at all and the server techs have ruled out an issue with Arbtalk. I'm thinking it's a chrome extension might be causing this. Any chance you could try disabling extensions one at a time and trying Arbtalk?

It happened on Microsoft edge also. I have to admit I am not keen on trying it as after installing some software recommended on here was unable to log on to my pc and wasted 2hrs getting that sorted.. Might not be connected but I am a relative ludite and could have done without it this morning. .

No need to shut your pc down to get rid of the page, just click on the "okay" box then close the page in the normal way, it kids you into thinking your cursor is not moving as you want it to but it is working correctly in the background and becomes visible once its on the tab bar at the top of the page.

Hope this makes sense

Steve

I have been getting this fairly regularly. Just looked at extensions on this m/c, it just says "Boo you have no extensions" !!

I would be glad to help track this down, just let me know what to do next.

Rod