Thanks to Brexit :)

matelot

• 3 months later...

7 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

British gas putting up prices by 12%, I dare say its nothing to do with the value of the pound falling, making imported gas more expensive.. thanks brexit!!!..

Is that not another positive! Surely anything that reduces global warming has to be a good thing?

brexit is the gift that doesn't stop giving! I can't wait until we can get rid of all the East European "Big Issue" sellers :)

2 hours ago, matelot said:

Near record growth in export orders. It look like the lower value of sterling is working it's magic. How good is Brexit!

https://www.ft.com/content/4053336c-3698-309c-8d13-dd961b6e4af9

My girlfriend buys her clothes online from the UK - she noticed that since Brexit the quality of customer care has gone way up. Whereas before, traders might have taken a few days to dispatch purchases, after Brexit they ship immediately. More responsive on the phone, by e-mail and generally upped their game. She reckons the Brexit has put the frighteners on UK businesses and made them pull their socks up!

No changes have really been made yet. We are still in the EU, it is going to take 5 or 6 years after we leave to find out if it was worth it. That pretty much takes us too 2024-2025 before we should take stock and have a look at where we are. 

One thing I think we could do without is all of the scaremongering as it is what it is we are coming out end of so why don't we embrace it and make the most out of this opportunity and start identifying the positives!

Some of our practices already in place are pretty shocking so instead of going on about how bad chlorinated chicken is why don't we identify and promote more farms here or better places to import from. 

People are scared of change and don't really want it even if it is for the better, I use this forum upgrade as an example, in a few months however when people settle and adjust they'll love this new forum upgrade! 

Just a few thoughts....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WesD said:

No changes have really been made yet. We are still in the EU, it is going to take 5 or 6 years after we leave to find out if it was worth it. That pretty much takes us too 2024-2025 before we should take stock and have a look at where we are. 

One thing I think we could do without is all of the scaremongering as it is what it is we are coming out end of so why don't we embrace it and make the most out of this opportunity and start identifying the positives!

Some of our practices already in place are pretty shocking so instead of going on about how bad chlorinated chicken is why don't we identify and promote more farms here or better places to import from. 

People are scared of change and don't really want it even if it is for the better, I use this forum upgrade as an example, in a few months however when people settle and adjust they'll love this new forum upgrade! 

Just a few thoughts....

Scaremongering is always the problem that causes recessions etc. Can't puzzle out this chicken thing. For starters how can it be economical to fly chickens 4000+ miles rather than breed them here? On the health front, millions of Americans eat this stuff daily with no cause for concern (ignoring the weight issue!) And we swim and have our kids soak in chlorinated water, that's go to be worse than a chicken that got sprayed with it?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dan494 said:

Scaremongering is always the problem that causes recessions etc. Can't puzzle out this chicken thing. For starters how can it be economical to fly chickens 4000+ miles rather than breed them here? On the health front, millions of Americans eat this stuff daily with no cause for concern (ignoring the weight issue!) And we swim and have our kids soak in chlorinated water, that's go to be worse than a chicken that got sprayed with it?

:thumbup1:

1 hour ago, dan494 said:

my thoughts exactly    , but some eco -mentalists will try to convince people that nasty chlorine is so bad for you and Salmonella is "natural" and therefore good for you  !!!!    However it should be grown in England though   !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dan494 said:

For starters, Chickens aren't that good at flying, it takes a lot of coercion and even then, they're unreliable.   Millions of Americans voted for Donald Trump so maybe their decision making faculties are malfunctioning, possibly due to excessive chlorine uptake.

I'm glad that it's only scaremongering that causes recessions as I'm not scared of much, except clowns, I don't like those bastards.

• Haha 1