Climbing in wellies when it rained

Damned arbrex customer expects crap

Bowsuns chair

Chomping up brash 8ft up on the back of the truck

Never using the chain brake

Never hearing the phrase Health & Safety

People stopping in the street to watch you strimming

We used to get queues forming to watch us chipping:001_rolleyes:

I had work experience when i was at college in 2008 worked for a guy who still used screwgate biners, a pear shaped scaffold hook to hold his saw to his harness when he wasnt cutting climbed with no helmet or ear muffs. He let me dismantle a tree using his kit when i first started that was an experience!

First chipper I ever used way a re-badged Bandit called the Ripper Chipper ! Was a beast ! No safety controls at all and we towed it with a Massey 390T.

i had rippa chipper,tow behind, in the late 80's, sold it by some aussie guy. cant remember what model it was, but like buzz say a bit of a beast with no saftey bars.

instead of arbrex we used to use AVR650, which was a sprit based tar that you could spray on the flush cut wounds with a house hold plant sprayer:lol:

did'nt work too well if the cuts were wet though and the sprayer were always blocked on a monday morning!

i can remember going to re-top a poplar and putting my foot through the arbrex crust, of the the old cut, and nearly going down to my knee in the mush:thumbdown:

• 10 months later...
also cooking bacon and eggs in the shovel:001_smile:

Oh la, my mouth is watering, my mum worked at a museum with a brass foundry & they would do fried eggs in a shovel - the best

In another life, we used to bake potatoes wrapped in foil on the main engine throttle valves on a nuclear submarine after an hour or so at 20 revs or so they were fab!