what mini loader

digaholedumper

There is loads of info in previous threads (search mini loader, avant, multione, skid steer etc)

Whilst you've got the "loaner", have a think about tyre pattern - where will you most use the machine mud, lawn, hard surface.

Has the loaner got back weights fitted - this may give a false impression of lift capacity if you get one with out.

How are you transporting? Trailer tail ramp may need to be 6' rather than 4' due to approach angle.

How far is the dealership from your main operating base?

Single most important piece of advice -

Contact MultiOne for a demo before committing to anything! MultiOne will outperform Avant across the entire range.

I'm a skidsteer man! Having had them for years.

Avants when they were introduced have always been something to dream about along with the prices! Multione is the Italian copy! ( I think)

In practical terms skidsteers have been around for longer so there are generally more tools available at more realistic prices. Skidsteers tend to be a bit more tolerant to multi users not having quite so much plastic trim. An added advantage is if the going gets tough you can put over the tyres tracks on. Try that on a Avant or Miltione!

I'm a skidsteer man! Having had them for years.

Avants when they were introduced have always been something to dream about along with the prices! Multione is the Italian copy! ( I think)

In practical terms skidsteers have been around for longer so there are generally more tools available at more realistic prices. Skidsteers tend to be a bit more tolerant to multi users not having quite so much plastic trim. An added advantage is if the going gets tough you can put over the tyres tracks on. Try that on a Avant or Miltione!

Norcar did it..... But it seems like a pointless exercise to me, if you need tracks, the right tool for the job is a tracked machine. Saw it demo'd and asked the questions about time & effort to change from wheels to tracks & back again.... Didn't work for me since I didn't want tracks! If yome in the bog all day, get a tracked machine. If you're on grass, in gardens, landscaped areas get wheels....

Which area are you in Oxford? I was born in Abingdon and grew up in Appleton.

59767257a58f2_ScreenShot2016-12-28at09_27_07.jpg.433b6a8b96ca2358f9b2082d3cfc6869.jpg

There is loads of info in previous threads (search mini loader, avant, multione, skid steer etc)

Whilst you've got the "loaner", have a think about tyre pattern - where will you most use the machine mud, lawn, hard surface.

Has the loaner got back weights fitted - this may give a false impression of lift capacity if you get one with out.

How are you transporting? Trailer tail ramp may need to be 6' rather than 4' due to approach angle.

How far is the dealership from your main operating base?

Single most important piece of advice -

Contact MultiOne for a demo before committing to anything! MultiOne will outperform Avant across the entire range.

In what way will multione outperform avant?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

Norcar did it..... But it seems like a pointless exercise to me, if you need tracks, the right tool for the job is a tracked machine. Saw it demo'd and asked the questions about time & effort to change from wheels to tracks & back again.... Didn't work for me since I didn't want tracks! If yome in the bog all day, get a tracked machine. If you're on grass, in gardens, landscaped areas get wheels....

Which area are you in Oxford? I was born in Abingdon and grew up in Appleton.

Those Norcars are top heavy!

And I agree you want tracked use tracked, although the skids that Treefitter uses with wheels which you can strap tracks to seem a good idea.

I have worked for treefitter and can say the skidsteers he uses work very well for him and suit his work very well. Also he is a very good fitter and looks after his fleet to a high standard.

We also have skidsteers, we own a Cat and hire in a bobcat when work load increases. Avants though make up the larger part of of the equipment we use, they are light and easily transportable behind a pick-up where as the skidsteers often need to go onto a low loader. Avants are also lighter on the ground and tolerate uneven terrain to a certain degree.

At first I was not keen on the plastic body panels, our original avant is a steel body panel type, our fears though have proven to be unfounded as they are resilient and if badly damaged cheap to replace and keep weight down.

I am also from Abingdon area growing up in Drayton and now live in Wantage.

In what way will multione outperform avant?

Look at the machines like-for-like (as close as is possible)

Mini Articulated Loaders - Multione

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

Those Norcars are top heavy!

And I agree you want tracked use tracked, although the skids that Treefitter uses with wheels which you can strap tracks to seem a good idea.

I have worked for treefitter and can say the skidsteers he uses work very well for him and suit his work very well. Also he is a very good fitter and looks after his fleet to a high standard.

We also have skidsteers, we own a Cat and hire in a bobcat when work load increases. Avants though make up the larger part of of the equipment we use, they are light and easily transportable behind a pick-up where as the skidsteers often need to go onto a low loader. Avants are also lighter on the ground and tolerate uneven terrain to a certain degree.

At first I was not keen on the plastic body panels, our original avant is a steel body panel type, our fears though have proven to be unfounded as they are resilient and if badly damaged cheap to replace and keep weight down.

I am also from Abingdon area growing up in Drayton and now live in Wantage.

This raises the critical point ^

The key to YOUR successful choice, ultimately, will be suiting the right machine to YOUR needs. They're all good, if used in the right environment.

Good luck. :thumbup1:

I too thought plastic panels might have been a weakness, and I suspect on a plant hire machine used by gorillas it might (although panel replacement would be added to hire charge if damaged!). If you get your own machine and treat it with due respect, plastic should outlast steel?!?

We are new to this type of loader & would just like some "pointers" on what to look for & what jobs to do to test the machine.

If the ground is anything but dead smooth, keep the speed down.

Never turn at speed, until you're very experienced.

Don't travel with the boom up high unless the ground is dead level and don't turn quickly with the boom up high, especially if loaded.

If the ground is anything but dead smooth, keep the speed down.

Never turn at speed, until you're very experienced.

Don't travel with the boom up high unless the ground is dead level and don't turn quickly with the boom up high, especially if loaded.

There is a youtube vid (German I think) which perfectly demonstrates this tip hazard.... They have pulled out a tree, then manoeuvring with too much speed and elevated load, over she goes!

For the life of me, I can't find it!!

I filled my tyres with water and antifreeze, it's a different animal.

Skid steers are inefficient by definition, they have to waste power by skidding to steer and cause damage whilst doing so, either to the tyre or the ground. I've worked on golf courses and gardens with no noticeable damage.

Multione has the best dealer backup by far with Steve Hadfield at the helm who also sponsors this site.

If sensibly operated they are no more unstable than any other machine. The bottom picture show me lifting a 1.5t shed on soft sloping ground, with the shed 12" off the ground the machine started to go an stopped when the load touched the ground, release the load the machine sat back down, by shifting weight etc we got the shed on the trailer which was pushing the machine to its limits and beyond.

IMG_0279.jpg.c4a68db04644f719f707e24eb7264844.jpg

11043128_10153391049079179_524380495048307603_n.jpg.c1f467fe9be87b8e142172c2caad32f5.jpg