what mini loader

digaholedumper

Right, have just had my 1st day on a borrowed Avant 745, It takes some getting use to but once you get your head around how it works & steers its Ok, the concept of Multi loader is excellent to the point I fail to fault it, With reference the Avant 745 I were not as impressed, the build & quality were very poor compared to a skid steer loader, the machine we borrowed was all plastic body panels & these seemed very very flimsy, the right hand side panel & bonnet cowling were smashed, The drive was nice but it did seem a bit slow, The visibility & driving position was really good & this made the machine easy to use, Front telescopic boom was twisted to the point the left hand corner of the bucket hit the ground about 2" before the other side, there was a fair bit of play in the boom slides so it sat level once some weight was applied to the bucket, The machine worked well moving & re-stacking timber in our other yard ( the twisted boom did make the pallet work hard ) We were glad to have tried this machine it has proved to me the multi loader is something to consider & might be the way forward, 1.2 ton lift out of a 2 ton machine was also impresive, " where next ? I think we will look at other multi loaders maybe a Multi one if we can find a machine to look at / try.

As the machine you were using was a borrowed machine, its clear that its owner is not looking after it properly! I kmow someone with a 635 with the same boom issue, and it down to lack of maintenence and not replacing wear pads before its too late! My 525 is sound, but I have had my local dealer look after it, and he has replaced pins and bushes for me. It came back a totally different machine.

as regards the side panels, you can specify heavy duty panels, which for arb work is a must.

flying the flag for avants here, used to be bobcat man. Never again

Right, have just had my 1st day on a borrowed Avant 745, It takes some getting use to but once you get your head around how it works & steers its Ok, the concept of Multi loader is excellent to the point I fail to fault it, With reference the Avant 745 I were not as impressed, the build & quality were very poor compared to a skid steer loader, the machine we borrowed was all plastic body panels & these seemed very very flimsy, the right hand side panel & bonnet cowling were smashed, The drive was nice but it did seem a bit slow, The visibility & driving position was really good & this made the machine easy to use, Front telescopic boom was twisted to the point the left hand corner of the bucket hit the ground about 2" before the other side, there was a fair bit of play in the boom slides so it sat level once some weight was applied to the bucket, The machine worked well moving & re-stacking timber in our other yard ( the twisted boom did make the pallet work hard ) We were glad to have tried this machine it has proved to me the multi loader is something to consider & might be the way forward, 1.2 ton lift out of a 2 ton machine was also impresive, " where next ? I think we will look at other multi loaders maybe a Multi one if we can find a machine to look at / try.

Get hold of Multione UK via the sponsor link on here (or google it) or 01246 540972

They'll set you up with a demo on a new machine - you'll soon see the difference!

I'm quite happy with plastic body panels. Plastic, steel, ally, titanium... they'll all scratch / bend if the machine is being driven by a careless knuckle dragger, don't ding it, plastic doesn't rust!

Get hold of Multione UK via the sponsor link on here (or google it) or 01246 540972

They'll set you up with a demo on a new machine - you'll soon see the difference!

I'm quite happy with plastic body panels. Plastic, steel, ally, titanium... they'll all scratch / bend if the machine is being driven by a careless knuckle dragger, don't ding it, plastic doesn't rust!

Might also look at Giant as an option, ( don't Kubota badge their machine " if its good enough for Kubota ! )

I filled my tyres with water and antifreeze, it's a different animal.

Skid steers are inefficient by definition, they have to waste power by skidding to steer and cause damage whilst doing so, either to the tyre or the ground. I've worked on golf courses and gardens with no noticeable damage.

Multione has the best dealer backup by far with Steve Hadfield at the helm who also sponsors this site.

If sensibly operated they are no more unstable than any other machine. The bottom picture show me lifting a 1.5t shed on soft sloping ground, with the shed 12" off the ground the machine started to go an stopped when the load touched the ground, release the load the machine sat back down, by shifting weight etc we got the shed on the trailer which was pushing the machine to its limits and beyond.

Dean, have you road reg'd yours?

Just reading the tractor insurance thread got me thinking....!

I filled my tyres with water and antifreeze, it's a different animal.

Skid steers are inefficient by definition, they have to waste power by skidding to steer and cause damage whilst doing so, either to the tyre or the ground. I've worked on golf courses and gardens with no noticeable damage.

Multione has the best dealer backup by far with Steve Hadfield at the helm who also sponsors this site.

If sensibly operated they are no more unstable than any other machine. The bottom picture show me lifting a 1.5t shed on soft sloping ground, with the shed 12" off the ground the machine started to go an stopped when the load touched the ground, release the load the machine sat back down, by shifting weight etc we got the shed on the trailer which was pushing the machine to its limits and beyond.

What model is yours again Dean? This is something I'm looking into at the moment, I'm going to contact multione in the new year. The vermeer skidsteers seem popular but are a lot of money .

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

What model is yours again Dean? This is something I'm looking into at the moment, I'm going to contact multione in the new year. The vermeer skidsteers seem popular but are a lot of money .

Mines a GT45 Ian, they have stopped that model now as they have a new line up. Miltione UK are brilliant dealers, will talk you through all the models and if possible demonstrate them for you. One thing I would not do without though is my heated cab :thumbup:

Mines a GT45 Ian, they have stopped that model now as they have a new line up. Miltione UK are brilliant dealers, will talk you through all the models and if possible demonstrate them for you. One thing I would not do without though is my heated cab :thumbup:

Thanks mate, going to call them in new year, I want a small one really so we can use it on a lot of jobs, site work I have been hiring in a small telehandler this year and it's good. Been looking at the 5 and 6 series multione.