what mini loader

digaholedumper

Just stopped for lunch between loads, after looking on " YOU-TUBE " I found the following / avant vs skid steer / this video will blow your mind !, anyone who views it will never ever buy a skid steer loader, this is the very reason we don't think skid steer will suit our operation / All skid steer loader owners should watch this at least once or twice, will give an update on the days work later on & also a verdict on the Avant 745

Just stopped for lunch between loads, after looking on " YOU-TUBE " I found the following / avant vs skid steer / this video will blow your mind !, anyone who views it will never ever buy a skid steer loader, this is the very reason we don't think skid steer will suit our operation / All skid steer loader owners should watch this at least once or twice, will give an update on the days work later on & also a verdict on the Avant 745

I think I have seen said video, is this also the video made by Avant....

We would still not be without our skidsteer.

Another benefit of Avant over a skidsteer is visibility particularly when working alongside ground crew.

I think I have seen said video, is this also the video made by Avant....

We would still not be without our skidsteer.

Another benefit of Avant over a skidsteer is visibility particularly when working alongside ground crew.

Yes, best to keep in mind, if it's the video I'm thinking of, it will have been made by people trying to sell mini-articulated loaders over skid steers! Maybe not entirely unbiased!!

Our little Vermeer has being fantastic so far, not only moving timber but as we do a fair bit of fencing we have used it for leveling ground off before we fence over it. managed to get skidsteer & Bandit 2250 on the trailer at the same time, i couldn't do that with anything bigger, you buy the machine what you want depending on your needs.

Our little Vermeer has being fantastic so far, not only moving timber but as we do a fair bit of fencing we have used it for leveling ground off before we fence over it. managed to get skidsteer & Bandit 2250 on the trailer at the same time, i couldn't do that with anything bigger, you buy the machine what you want depending on your needs.

:thumbup1:

What I like about those Vermeer skidsteers is the ability to hop on an off so easily, on some of our site you will get kicked off if your not wearing a seatbelt, they even want us to have a green flashing beacon which is activated by the seat belt socket, as our machine does not have it they are not forcing us to retrofit thankfully.

Definitely interested in a mini skidsteer that you can stand on particularly one that fits through a standard gateway.

:thumbup1:

What I like about those Vermeer skidsteers is the ability to hop on an off so easily, on some of our site you will get kicked off if your not wearing a seatbelt, they even want us to have a green flashing beacon which is activated by the seat belt socket, as our machine does not have it they are not forcing us to retrofit thankfully.

Definitely interested in a mini skidsteer that you can stand on particularly one that fits through a standard gateway.

A Vermeer skid steer has no seat belt because it has no seat so no retrofit needed.

That video could easily be made the other way to show how a skid steer beats a artic loader in "every situation". It is a bit silly.

One other note is I think you are comparing artic steers to wheeled skid steers. Most who have them for tree work use tracked skid steers. Which are very different.

A Vermeer skid steer has no seat belt because it has no seat so no retrofit needed.

Yes exactly I should of made my point clearer, we use avants so the seat belt use is mandatory, often the loads we work with are not to heavy and the operator has to jump in and out all the time so a Vermeer or other stand style skidsteer would be an advantage.

Right, have just had my 1st day on a borrowed Avant 745, It takes some getting use to but once you get your head around how it works & steers its Ok, the concept of Multi loader is excellent to the point I fail to fault it, With reference the Avant 745 I were not as impressed, the build & quality were very poor compared to a skid steer loader, the machine we borrowed was all plastic body panels & these seemed very very flimsy, the right hand side panel & bonnet cowling were smashed, The drive was nice but it did seem a bit slow, The visibility & driving position was really good & this made the machine easy to use, Front telescopic boom was twisted to the point the left hand corner of the bucket hit the ground about 2" before the other side, there was a fair bit of play in the boom slides so it sat level once some weight was applied to the bucket, The machine worked well moving & re-stacking timber in our other yard ( the twisted boom did make the pallet work hard ) We were glad to have tried this machine it has proved to me the multi loader is something to consider & might be the way forward, 1.2 ton lift out of a 2 ton machine was also impresive, " where next ? I think we will look at other multi loaders maybe a Multi one if we can find a machine to look at / try.