Annoying Things Guys Do On Site

Haironyourchest

Oh another is stobs left on logs, fine I get you might not be able to get everyone in the tree but if I see a log pile full of logs covered in stops and sticks that could easily have gone through the chipper I see red. Again it's the same people you tell time and time again to not do it that way.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who can't or won't tie things down properly. Was helping at a removal once, boss decided to take a four foot elm log home with him, riding in the back of the chipper with the chute open, diagonally, he randomly threw a ratchet strap around it. I offered him an additional ratchet strap from my own vehicle while making a tactful observation that "Sure belt and braces, can't hurt" He refused, and I left the site first, stopping for petrol on the way home bout ten miles. It was winter, and after dark. As I was filling up, a series of freaked out motorists pulled in, one of them had hit the log in the road and messed up his bumper, another nearly missed it etc etc... Minutes later the boss arrives to fuel up. It was a cringeworthy situation, I can tell you.....

Why would you come out of a tree because the clock says so?

Not on my watch.

This is not a feeble attempt at a joke.

Well, it is, but you get my point.

I'm surprised at you Joe.

I thought you were more a 'knock the job out-go home-get on Grindr type of guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

No I'm more a "knock a job out and get rewarded with another 'little job'" kind of guy.

It's more if I'm doing a big dismantle. I'm aware of the time I'll have a break when I've reached an appropriate point.