So Fed Up

jennie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you feel there are many companies in your local area then there must be plenty of work around , it is easier said than done to win your market share but it must be possible ....alternatively what about being a trainer / assessor and / or LOLER inspector splicing etc or have a truck and chipper as many others must at times have more work than kit / staff or machinery out of action etc ...good luck with whatever you try...

If you feel there are many companies in your local area then there must be plenty of work around , it is easier said than done to win your market share but it must be possible ....alternatively what about being a trainer / assessor and / or LOLER inspector splicing etc or have a truck and chipper as many others must at times have more work than kit / staff or machinery out of action etc ...good luck with whatever you try...

Or this...^^^^

I know of a plant / machine trainer that near enough lived down at that new billion pound container port, training people on all the gear there...

Earned that much, he paid for a house in CASH on his return!!!

No offense but he's right.

If you want to work your arse off for £100 a day (if you're really good) thats grand, but how long would you last?

Sometime you get answers you don't want to hear. Having a tantrum is a pretty good indicator to prospective employers about your personality.

The quote that this quote quotes (presuming the original has been modded) made me fair spit coffee!

No shortage of spirit!

👛👗 with 🏀🏀

😆

Best retort of the year award goes to....

Isn't it normal to feel like that at this time of year? Short, cold wet days it's tough being outside. Every job has the **** side to it. I could never go back to working for anyone again, it sucks big time.

Why don't you learn a new skill on the side that has the potential to give you a living later on in life when you are going to be to old climbing trees, something like wood carving. It's quite popular now, but a lot people are carving spoons, making chopping boards, etc. Most markets are saturated now, I'm a freelance photographer on the side and that is probably the most saturated market in the world. It's something I can do in later life and give me some extra money.

When spring/summer comes and you still have that feeling of not wanting to be outside climbing trees on a gorgeous sunny day, then you will know it's time to move on.

AS above. I went through this faze about a year or so ago. So found a new hobby wood working. Got the Alaskan mills lathe etc so now look forward to tree work more as i can incorporate the two together. It's strange how the mind works and not sure how to explain but combining the two together makes my day job feel like my hobby to as i look at the wood i process from trees for the next wood work project and not just as another job but the bonus of being paid which is the most important thing. Sitting down and talking to someone very close to you can help but some people find that hard and chatting on sites like this an easier way to open up. I like to think it's like one big family here and you will get some good advice. Hope you get sorted.

AS above. I went through this faze about a year or so ago. So found a new hobby wood working. Got the Alaskan mills lathe etc so now look forward to tree work more as i can incorporate the two together. It's strange how the mind works and not sure how to explain but combining the two together makes my day job feel like my hobby to as i look at the wood i process from trees for the next wood work project and not just as another job but the bonus of being paid which is the most important thing. Sitting down and talking to someone very close to you can help but some people find that hard and chatting on sites like this an easier way to open up. I like to think it's like one big family here and you will get some good advice. Hope you get sorted.

Well done dude, good job. I think it's the fact that you are stimulating your mind by doing something creative and your end product is something you have physically made with you own hands. I love climbing trees and doing work on them, but it isn't really a job that gets the creative juices flowing. Most of us here have access to all this great wood, we could all start making more use of it.