So Fed Up

jennie

No offense but he's right.

If you want to work your arse off for £100 a day (if you're really good) thats grand, but how long would you last?

Sometime you get answers you don't want to hear. Having a tantrum is a pretty good indicator to prospective employers about your personality.

Yeah I get that, I know it's not a job you can do forever which is why I was hoping someone would be able to suggest a different route related to this industry to go down. I was also just curious as to whether anyone had any advice as what to do next rather than just jack it in altogether and regret it.

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some advice from other tree guys who have the decency and time to not write cuntish comments on a genuine post asking for help, if I wanted some dick to give me patronising comments I would have come to you personally but seeing as I didn't keep your unhelpful and unnecessary comments to yourself.

Thankyou sweetheart

Hahaha, how many ciders in now? ;-)

I had the most get up and go for tree work when I worked for someone else, then 8 years ago when I setup on my own I began gradually losing interest in it (certainly climbing anyway). I'm not really sure why but just couldn't really enthuse about it, I got a digger nearly 7 years ago and started doing more and more agricultural fencing and dry stone walling and work has never stopped coming in and still pretty enthusiastic about jobs etc. Perhaps just try something different, if you yearn to go back to tree work then you know that is where your heart is, on the other hand the thought of scrabbling about up ivy clad trees and handballing a few ton of heavy oak rings onto the back of a truck fills you with dread you know you did the right thing trying summit else!

That sounds pretty good, do you need any specific tickets or qualifications? It's something I've looked into but not enough to know where to start trying to get into that line of work.

Where abouts are you based?

If you've got anything above CS 30/31 you'll be better qualified than either me or my apprentice!

You would need public liability insurance.

I work near Hadleigh in Suffolk.

Probably worth mentioning that I'm horrendously old fashioned and recoil from bad language.:blushing:

I had the most get up and go for tree work when I worked for someone else, then 8 years ago when I setup on my own I began gradually losing interest in it (certainly climbing anyway). I'm not really sure why but just couldn't really enthuse about it, I got a digger nearly 7 years ago and started doing more and more agricultural fencing and dry stone walling and work has never stopped coming in and still pretty enthusiastic about jobs etc. Perhaps just try something different, if you yearn to go back to tree work then you know that is where your heart is, on the other hand the thought of scrabbling about up ivy clad trees and handballing a few ton of heavy oak rings onto the back of a truck fills you with dread you know you did the right thing trying summit else!

See that's the helpful comment I wanted. I wanted someone else opinion on leaving the industry and not necessarily regretting it. Thankyou

If you've got anything above CS 30/31 you'll be better qualified than either me or my apprentice!

You would need public liability insurance.

I work near Hadleigh in Suffolk.

Probably worth mentioning that I'm horrendously old fashioned and recoil from bad language.:blushing:

And you're a bugger for nicking the last biscuit as well. :001_tt2:

is it tree work your fed up with or your current employment your fed up with?? two different things.

if you still like tree work then switch jobs either self employed or a more flexible position.

if your bored with tree stuff try something else of retrain.

carl

is it tree work your fed up with or your current employment your fed up with?? two different things.

if you still like tree work then switch jobs either self employed or a more flexible position.

if your bored with tree stuff try something else of retrain.

carl

I think having read all these comments maybe it's more where I am rather than the industry which is what I needed to figure out.

Cheers