How much to quote

George Gorman

I'd like to think idea be asking for £450+ at least myself doing it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using arbtalk mobile app.

You'd never get the job for that. Too much competition about. 3-350 is fair for both the customer and contractor. Cutting down a few bushes and getting rid of half a load of chip isn't very hard work

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All depends on circumstance, there are times where straight into the tipping trailer and off to the tip is quicker, easier, cheaper and more productive. I've got licensed waste reception centre 10mins from home and at £60/ton for green, I prefer not to chip conny. Horses for courses.

It's on 25 per tip near me . Bugger paying 60 !

All depends on circumstance, there are times where straight into the tipping trailer and off to the tip is quicker, easier, cheaper and more productive. I've got licensed waste reception centre 10mins from home and at £60/ton for green, I prefer not to chip conny. Horses for courses.

Yep did one in Chesterfield earlier in year mostly conifer to come out green waste tip ten minutes down road and charged me 35 a time for well heaped up 12ft ifor flat bed 👍

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app

totally agree with this post ( i also hate trying to chip holly with current chipper looking at replacing it )

OP's job for me is a £300 -£350 as would be a similar price for the clearance

both jobs look like a morning work / 1-2 oclock finish at most for 2 people £50 to throw the waste logs go home or to who ever wants them you can always get rid of them for nothing laborer gets £100 you take £200 a good days wage never mind a half a days work

Except its not your wage, its turnover, from which needs to come all your overheads, tax, NI, sick pay, holiday pay, pension, etc, etc.

You sound like many customers, who think the money they pay me is my wage……if only!!:001_rolleyes:

Except its not your wage, its turnover, from which needs to come all your overheads, tax, NI, sick pay, holiday pay, pension, etc, etc.

You sound like many customers, who think the money they pay me is my wage……if only!!:001_rolleyes:

Beat me to it! One job for £350 does not add up for 2 men.

Word.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Are you saying that's too cheap?

300-350 isn't bad for 4 hours work! That's what I'd be figuring! 2 of them in a day, minus 120 for a damn good groundy, I'd be happy with that!

300-350 isn't bad for 4 hours work! That's what I'd be figuring! 2 of them in a day, minus 120 for a damn good groundy, I'd be happy with that!

Did you not see the part of the post I highlighted? I even increased the size to assist you :001_rolleyes:

Its not the value that caused me and I would guess the others, who replied comments.. It's the thought that someone thinks its a days wage.