Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

Ohhh, so you think the electorate are so stupid that they cant decide the candidate that will act in their interests? I guess we might as well let the Queen reign over us then?

Wow! Someone that can tell the future! What else does our crystal ball tell you? Did your crystal ball tell you that Trump would send a few tweets and Ford deicide to open a new car plant in America instead of Mexico? A couple of thousand jobs is hardly a "soundbite".

Where did you get your crystal ball? Or are you someone that makes stuff up on the internet to appear smart?

Why don't you consult your crystal ball to see how long "right wing populist politics" lasts? I predict it will last a long time as Westerners are getting fed up with politicians that don't listen to them.

There was a time when we aspired to have politicians who were accomplished and professional representatives, who exemplified the notion that in attempting to be universally representative of their electorate, they were universally respectful, even if they disagreed with others.

Now, the electorate just seem to want one of the lads representing them. Someone who they'd have a pint or ten with and talk about tits and football.

Whilst I understand the need for politicians to represent their electorate, I hold them to a higher standard and do not want louts like Trump or Farage representing me. I respect Farage's intellect but entirely disagree with his politics and lack of respect for the institutions of which he is a member. Trump is just an ass, and not a very bright one at that.

And as I've stated before, I do not believe that universal democracy is the best way to govern a nation. There needs to be a modicum of qualification, and if there was I'm certain that morons like Trump would never be elected.

Why don't you consult your crystal ball to see how long "right wing populist politics" lasts? I predict it will last a long time as Westerners are getting fed up with politicians that don't listen to them.

Seems to me that the electorate has a short memory for recent modern history.

The "right wing populist politics'' were the politics of the first half of the 20th century. Look where that got us (two world wars) !!!

The politics of nationalism and a culture of blaming everyone else (bar ourselves) for our own economic woe's has been seen before and always leads to conflict of one sort or another. A lurch to the right in France, Holland, USA and to a degree here in the UK is bad news for everyone.

Just for the record I'm not some sort of bleeding heart liberal.

IMO. Trump is already showing his true colours by telling bare face lies around the size of the attendance at his inauguration contrary to the photographic evidence, seems to me that he's laying down a marker to the press and his electorate. I.e. His version of events is the only version to be believed !!!

Seems like Donald Trump is behaving like Vladimir Putin!

Just my take on it.

Trumps a mixed bag for me, his crusade against the lying media, and his war on the PC Nazi's, I can't wait to see him do some damage...

On the other hand, I just read he's preparing tax cuts........

Sometimes I don't know if I want to hug him or strangle him..LOL's

Do you know someone suffering form Trump Unacceptance & Resistance Disorder (TURD)?

TURD is a pattern of pathologically dissociative and psychotic behaviour, first observed in the late hours of November 8th 2016, and increasing in severity with passing time.

Sufferers of TURD often exhibit pronounced cognitive dissonance, sudden bouts of rage, rioting, and uncontrollable crying. People with TURD are characterised by a persistent unwillingness to accept that Donald Trump is going to Make America Great Again.

For many, both in America and worldwide, this was a shocking and unexpected outcome; their preferred news sources having failed to inform them that the alternative candidate was a criminal parasite.

Research is ongoing, but TURD appears to correlate closely with some of the following environmental and behavioural factors:

* Membership in the Democratic Party

* Identifying as a Feminist

* Currently enrolled in college, and/or Possession of a Liberal Arts university degree

* Living in a densely populated metropolitan area

* Massive student debt

* Spotty or non-existent work history

Patients with TURD are very resistant to treatment, and dangerous in large groups. Any possibility of treatment requires that they be separated from their hive-mind support apparatus; they cannot begin the process of accepting reality in the presence of encouragement towards delusion and irrationality. Separation may require the assistance of law enforcement.

If you have a friend or loved one suffering from TURD, urge them to seek treatment. Of course if they exhibit violent tendencies, I urge you to report them to the police as possible terrorists.

* But a Female march against a democratically elected president.

Not commenting on the lack of marches for other causes, Trump was elected according to the messed up electoral system the US has. He quite soundly lost the popular vote.

He is however president. He's a moron with the intellectual capacity of a squashed apricot, but he is still the president. Oh how I miss Dubya! :laugh1:

* No Female march against female genital mutilation.

* No Female march against child brides, burkas, polygamy or even ISIS.

* But a Female march against a democratically elected president.

Now you see that's something that really does get me going.

Feminists shouting about descrimination and how badly they're treated in the western world. Or some actress/female celebrity/ personality shouting about inequality when they get paid more in a year for doing precious darned little than many ordinary hard working men or women will earn in a lifetime.

How about they head off to Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East, or Southern Asia where women are treated deplorably on a regular basis and actually try to do some good.

Good reasoning!

It's fine to occasionally hit my wife, in sub-saharan Africa people beat their wife's to death and that's not frowned upon...

Your reasoning suggests that it's not OK to complain about any injustice unless you first complain about worst injustices done to others elsewhere?

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app