Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

I think Trump will do a half decent job once he gets to know the job...

Thats not to say he won't be making a fool of himself as he goes along.. the evidence is there for that so that wont be a surprise...

I also see Theresa May has had a chit chat about a meeting as soon as is convenient... Knowing trump, that'll be after he's seen evidence those windfarms near his golf course are being chopped down.. she might be waiting some time!!!!... poor woman..hahahha

You know trump?

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know trump?

As well as most people who's never met him...

But as a keen observer of people that might matter I do take the time to study my subject matter... he's not one for letting people get the better of him..

Boris Johnson beware...:thumbup1:

As well as most people who's never met him...

But as a keen observer of people that might matter I do take the time to study my subject matter... he's not one for letting people get the better of him..

Boris Johnson beware...:thumbup1:

Funny how these people, Don, Hills, Barry et al - have become part of our lives. I was listening to a thing the other day about Trump's communication style - the reason he appears, superficially, to be a goofball is actually an indication of a very powerful intelligence. He doesn't finish his sentences because he speaks in shorthand - apparently a lot of billionaire do it. Personally I have no problem following his train of thought, I just fill in the blanks - which is what he intends, he is the ultimate delegator, to the point where he delegates his audience to finish his sentences for him!

Trump sees the world as a mind-map, a spreading web of connectivity, not a linear road where one thing leads to another. In trumps world, everything leads to everything lease, via something else. So he skips from Isis, to Nafta to this that and the other, and it sounds like he's rambling, but he sees the connections, the big picture, he just can't articulate it to the satisfaction of most people.

The flip side is his personal grievances are bound up in the web, he appears to not be able to separate them from his thought stream, and he vents, much to the media's delight. But this venting does not appear to carry over to actual policy.

Well what do people want?

They complain about public figures being too false and disingenuous, then people like Farage and Trump let it all out, speak their mind, try to explain their thought process, and get slated for it!

What that famous line about not being able to handle the truth!

Funny how these people, Don, Hills, Barry et al - have become part of our lives. I was listening to a thing the other day about Trump's communication style - the reason he appears, superficially, to be a goofball is actually an indication of a very powerful intelligence. He doesn't finish his sentences because he speaks in shorthand - apparently a lot of billionaire do it. Personally I have no problem following his train of thought, I just fill in the blanks - which is what he intends, he is the ultimate delegator, to the point where he delegates his audience to finish his sentences for him!

Trump sees the world as a mind-map, a spreading web of connectivity, not a linear road where one thing leads to another. In trumps world, everything leads to everything lease, via something else. So he skips from Isis, to Nafta to this that and the other, and it sounds like he's rambling, but he sees the connections, the big picture, he just can't articulate it to the satisfaction of most people.

The flip side is his personal grievances are bound up in the web, he appears to not be able to separate them from his thought stream, and he vents, much to the media's delight. But this venting does not appear to carry over to actual policy.

Sounds like a plausible explanation of his character.. not to mention, apart from the Billionaire bit, I'm tempted to say it sounds like how I think...

I'm just missing the money part, now, if I could just figure that one out!!!!!!...:thumbup1:

You see (and recognise) what many can't!

I'd agree that he appears to benefit from a freedom of thinking unlike that of the career politicians who are constrained through decades of peer mimickery promotions and institutionalised routine which acts as a disincentive to initiative and non-conformist manoeuvrability.

I'd agree that he appears to benefit from a freedom of thinking unlike that of the career politicians who are constrained through decades of peer mimickery promotions and institutionalised routine which acts as a disincentive to initiative and non-conformist manoeuvrability.

:laugh1: Is that a Bertie Ahern impression? (aka Mr Waffles)

Actually what many choose not to as well:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

Do you really believe that Kevin? I'm not convinced that you do!

Absolutely anything is better than the status quo?

It's not, but you know that.

Nobody has a clue what Trump will be like, if I said a year ago that Trump should be POTUS, you'd have said I was a idiot, you'd be right!

Mr. Trump ran a hard campaign against seasoned politicians and Won the election. Really no point beating yourself up on the distink possibility that you may not be an idiot and Mr Trump may prove yet to be a successful PODUS. If you are correct and President Elect Trump meets your expectations than the only people to really blame would be the voting public that elected him to the highest office in the land.

I honestly can't expect most people that have partisipated in this thread to understand American politics and that is fine since I believe the lessons to be learned in the future will I hope reap many benefits and rewards

between our Two countries and peoples. Time will tell as always.

easy-lift guy