Mk6 or mk7 transit

Will Heal

Not all mk6's are Direct Injection though.

I'd get mk6 with a DI

I meant the mk7 went to common rail with the 2.4 tdci engine and the 2.2 in the vans I think.

The TDCI engine seemed to be cheaper to repair than the earlier 2.4 duratorq direct injection, in fact a brand new engine less pump and ancillaries was only £2000 which I considered a bargain.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get an R reg mk5....awesome bits of kit 😂

I agree had a r reg mk5 150 turbo van best transit ever if you don't do a lot of motorway work .I think you will be very lucky to find a good useable one now unless you look in classic van section of auto trader.

Ive got a mk6 twin cab tipper 135 ps great van six speed but I had to put a new engine in at 40k which pissed me off a bit and body wanting some welding doing so really check if its solid.

Think next time I swap will go mad with wax oil try and preserve it a bit.

I agree had a r reg mk5 150 turbo van best transit ever if you don't do a lot of motorway work .I think you will be very lucky to find a good useable one now unless you look in classic van section of auto trader.

Ive got a mk6 twin cab tipper 135 ps great van six speed but I had to put a new engine in at 40k which pissed me off a bit and body wanting some welding doing so really check if its solid.

Think next time I swap will go mad with wax oil try and preserve it a bit.

I've had mine for about a year, it's in quite decent condition really, just on 114k, doesn't like the cold tho!

Was looking to upgrade to a mk7 but my mechanic is dead against it

My mk 6 has been one of my favourite transits.Has not rotted any thing like the mk5-4's I've owned and has racked up a lot of miles with out many real issues .. dual mass fly wheel and starter moters being the exception.

I like my m6.

I think they all will rust and rot no matter what age its the crap paint and lack of at that!

My old iveco was probabilly a better motor all round but was too heavy and parts were rediculous.

I have a ford dealer very close and parts are reasonable. Mk 6 for me :D

My mk6 just made the mot. I have spent 500 a year on welding repairs. Was told it's quite alot of rust now. I'm going to change to Iveco. This transits rusts to fast for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Is yours a tipper though? Or a box van?

On the tipper its only the cab to worry about.

Must admit my old 2002 iveco didnt have any rust on cab or chassis