How do you deal with tiredness?

Stefan Palokangas

I had this problem, via a consultation at Papworth found out I had a rare heart block - where heart was stopping for 4 - 5 seconds, during the day & night. Now fitted with an MRI compatible pacemaker & energy levels have increased, while heart rate is steady at 60bpm.

Good to hear you improving bud

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you deal with hunger? You eat. Thirst? You drink. Tiredness, rest.

No big secret is it?

A more cynical man than me would think this is just another thread to tell us all about how hard you work.

Have you heard the story about the troll trying to start a fire [emoji91]?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I've seen your threads on the hours you work Stefan - but at some point something is going to stop you - and this will be signals from body and mind saying enough is enough...

You can try to re train your perspective - I remember when I used to have x3 or x4 good earning days in a row - perversely if the next x2 or x3 days went badly and I earnt less I was unhappy - saying to myself 'I'd have had one of the best weeks if these last few days had been better'

- not a good way to look at things!

I bet if you finish a job early say 3pm instead of going home and enjoying more time off you look for another job to squeeze in.

If you keep working the hours of a workaholic then you will become a workaholic - ie you will not know what to do with your free time even if you have free time!

Say there were some magic vitamin pills and other concoctions to make you feel less tired and have more energy - what would you do? You'd do even more work and then feel tired again!

So really you need to start to pace yourself in life - haha which is a lot easier said than done!!

:001_smile:

I'm anxious and obsessive! It was always work work work with me, then along came kids, work wasn't giving me the answers I was needing, I needed to be home more.

So I sold everything and obsessed about being a good dad and doing as little as possible work wise. So i sussed that and worked 2 days a week.

Found Arbtalk, went nuts in here and did 20,000 posts in a year.

Then as the kids got a bit older and the wife wanted me out the house more I tried to make the ultimate Arb truck. Did that for a few years and just bought another Mog, then it was the gym and being fit. So went bonkers at that for 6 months, got the 6 pack and tits then got bored of that!

Work got busy so I went bonkers at that again.

I am fueled by nervous energy, always have been. Use it to your advantage mate but don't kill yourself with stress and body pains because I've been down that road too and it's not any fun and hard to get back up.