EU court rules fatness now officially a disability

Wood wasp

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without wishing to get into the heartbreaking detail of personal circumstances, the high level picture surely is a decent into a 'dependent' society rather than a self sufficient one...

Disability prevalence disaggregated by gender for Great Britain (millions) source:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/321594/disability-prevalence.pdf

2002/03 2003/04 2004/05 2005/06 2006/07 2007/08 2008/09 2009/10 2010/11 2011/12

Male 4.9 4.8 4.9 5.2 4.9 5.0 5.1 5.1 5.3 5.4

Female 5.5 5.3 5.3 5.7 5.5 5.6 5.8 5.8 5.9 6.3

All 10.4 10.1 10.1 10.8 10.4 10.6 10.9 11.0 11.2 11.6

Plus

the obesity graph

=

higher tax, less people contributing?

59766bdddae6f_ScreenShot2014-12-18at10_33_09.png.9c3a1d00d2593d473721d9ac6642e227.png

Come on lads were lagging behind, get more chips and kebabs down your necks. How can something self inflicted be a disability ? They need education not encouragement. When you see the articles about someone weighing half a ton having to be hoisted out by the fire department with a Hiab do you think same as us, where do they get the money and who keeps bringing them all this food ? Take their phones and put them on an upstairs table and put them on a pizza shop black list.

It is a disability, a mental illness, no one of sound mind could allow themselves to become so fat it actually prevent them for some activities.

I gained a stone and a half over a 5 or 6 year period, I was beginning to feel its affect, so I change my diet and shed the weight, surely to not do so would be madness.

Its a slippery slope, as said its self inflicted so you can now disable yourself to get more from the welfare state, what message is that putting out? looks like the tax will be going up for us to pay the extra strain on the nhs :thumbdown:

The worlds going mental.

Come on lads were lagging behind, get more chips and kebabs down your necks.

I had the big breakfast with chips at 9AM yesterday, was hungry again by 11! I can't keep the weight on, my jeans are falling down round my ass! I guess if I spent more time sitting on it watching Jeremy Kyle I'd be able to keep the calories instead of burning them off as quick as I can get them in?

Just read your link Kevin, how can there be over 11m registered disabled in the UK? that's 1 in 6 of the population! As for 5.7m working age adults registered disabled, where are all these people?

Also noticed this wee gem

*Working Age: men aged 16-64 and women aged 16-59

**State Pension Age: men aged 65 and over and women aged 60 and over

I'm very much for sexual equality and believe most women don't get paid the same as they simply don't ask for more cash at appraisals etc, (my sample is admittedly small - 2 ex girlfriends) however I found their attitude interesting. Anyway it looks like they get to knock off work 5 years earlier too!

Just read your link Kevin, how can there be over 11m registered disabled in the UK? that's 1 in 6 of the population! As for 5.7m working age adults registered disabled, where are all these people?

Also noticed this wee gem

*Working Age: men aged 16-64 and women aged 16-59

**State Pension Age: men aged 65 and over and women aged 60 and over

I'm very much for sexual equality and believe most women don't get paid the same as they simply don't ask for more cash at appraisals etc, (my sample is admittedly small - 2 ex girlfriends) however I found their attitude interesting. Anyway it looks like they get to knock off work 5 years earlier too!

Scary isn't it! And yet there is still an outcry if anyone suggests reform. The real tragedy in that number is that those in real need are suffering as a result of the fakers on the gravy train.