Struggling to get the clutch off my 550

Outlaw333

Hi all,

I'm really struggling to get the clutch off my 550, does anybody have any words of wisdom for a chap left scratching his head? I have used recoil rope to stop the piston and have tried my combi spanner and a hammer to crack it but I don't really want to tonk it any harder without someone in the know to tell me it's ok!

Thanks in advance

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its a lefthanded thread . I find if you make sure the decomp is poped out fully , with a aluminium or copper drift and a mallet a couple of sharp taps and it spins off . Compression is usually enough I find . There will be some little indicators / arrows for direction to spin off and some little flats to rest the drift on .

Its a lefthanded thread . I find if you make sure the decomp is poped out fully , with a aluminium or copper drift and a mallet a couple of sharp taps and it spins off . Compression is usually enough I find . There will be some little indicators / arrows for direction to spin off and some little flats to rest the drift on .

Hi stubby well done mate I was just going say EDDY OR STUB ON here thanks jon COME ON BATH

As Stubby says but I use a small electric impact driver rather than the mallet.

As Stubby says but I use a small electric impact driver rather than the mallet.

I tend not to use the hexigan . Just use a drift on one of the flats on the clutch metal shoe . works a treat .