Massive announcement from myself

Adam Bourne

So coming up to 19 years industry working and I've had enough. I have arthritis in both my wrists and in my right elbow. Some days I wake up crying and others are just a struggle.

I'm not entirely sure when I will leave the game or if I'll stay in the industry at all. I'm holding out for something I'm not even sure is there but what will be will be.

So yeah discussion open as usual guys, I've met some fantastic people along the way, and a handful to whom I owe a huge amount to.

Really don't know what else to say to be honest, kind of upset that I'm actually writing this but it's been bothering me for a while now and I just needed to reach out to someone who understands I guess!

Thanks everyone :)

Adam

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So coming up to 19 years industry working and I've had enough. I have arthritis in both my wrists and in my right elbow. Some days I wake up crying and others are just a struggle.

I'm not entirely sure when I will leave the game or if I'll stay in the industry at all. I'm holding out for something I'm not even sure is there but what will be will be.

So yeah discussion open as usual guys, I've met some fantastic people along the way, and a handful to whom I owe a huge amount to.

Really don't know what else to say to be honest, kind of upset that I'm actually writing this but it's been bothering me for a while now and I just needed to reach out to someone who understands I guess!

Adam

Hi ADAM how about going into teaching other students because I seen you at the show and it was fantastic speak over👍👍 all the best John👍👍

Adam

Hi ADAM I wish all the best ADAM I like talk overs at the show and all ways great to have talk to wish you all the best mate your a poplar chap on here to Adam thanks Jon Sonia

Hi Adam, how old are you? Is it just due to your condition why you feel you should leave the industry or is it something else? All I'm saying is that no matter what you do in life everybody has those days where you feel your struggling to go on or if the grass would be greener elsewhere, speaking from experience you don't always know what you've got/have until it's gone!! Keep your chin up and never give in,n:001_cool:

shouldn't worry about it - if you've had enough, do something else. I gave up welding after getting fed up with all the dust and fumes, now happier doing gardening and ocaisional trees. Whatever other work you do you're clearly at the top of the climbing game, so could keep it up on the side if you wanted, bit of weekend work whatever.

Sorry you are suffering Adam . I feel your pain , or similar being 63 now . Sometimes , as they say " one door shuts and another opens " What about tree survey work ? . Anyway I wish you all the best matey .

hi adam i don't know you or the full details of your situation but i do know it's not an easy move, i have back problems myself and at points have thought id have to look for another profession. moving into relaxed part time work could be something to think about, i currently work at an estate and once i've finished the first run at all the trees theres not a whole lot for me to do but enough to keep me busy working at a relaxed pace. if i'm not felling up to it they understand and are just happy to have a professional working for them. from reading your post i get the felling your used to doing difficult trees at a fast pace a job like mine would be a dodle for you i imagine.

it's a hard thing just to stop and look for something else. might make the change a bit easier if you keept on with a bit of tree work while trying other things.

First priority is to look after yourself mentally & physically.

Hard physical work always wears people out, and at all kinds of ages.

Its not not so easy to visualise how a different career might make you feel, but I've found (with hindsight) a career change can be more rewarding than what you were doing before. Variety is the spice of life (so is a good curry)!

Never really believed in good luck because you can make your own, but good luck....

cheers, Steve

Hi Adam. Hope it works out whatever you decide to do. Training sounds like a good bet though. Or perhaps a treework manual. ( I just got Gerry Beranek's fundamentals of general treework it goes into incredible depth and even though it's very old school it must be the closest thing to a treework Bible). It would be a great way of passing your knowledge and skills on. Particularly as you seem to be working at the cutting edge (sorry for the pun) of SRT and the rigging side of things.

All the best

Timon