Dealing with lazy staff!

Grüße

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run large crews of guys but not in arb, personally I find it best if you have an issue is to talk reaonsonay to the person/s you have an issue with an explain the problem, they may not realise that what they are doing is a problem to you, you are the new guy and jumping in all guns blazing with better ways to do things will only potentially put people's backs up and getting them to change will be even harder.

After all you are all adults and in an ideal world should be able to sort it without it getting ugly!

But pick your moment shouting from the top of the tree won't be well recieved but maybe in the pub at the end of the day over a pint you might get a better response.

Be prepared not to get your own way tho you may have to compromise.

This sounds like a deeper problem; it clearly starts higher up and the crew leader is taking advantage of what he can get away with. If he (the boss) quotes a day on a tree and it takes 2 days with nothing said then this will get exploited by weak individuals- the crew leader.

My boss is on the phone 5-10 times a day asking for an update and how things are going. He knows exactly how long a job should take and if he thinks it's going tits up he'll take over.

I don't think by confronting the crew leader you're gonna get very far.

Keep your head below the radar, carry on working hard and look for a more efficient company to work for - there's loads of people looking for good climbers.

Is the team leader being given a job to go to and get on with and an amount of days to complete or is he given a contract to manage or book of work to get through and a daily figure to hit as a minimum? Issued jobs with set amount of man hours are hard to be lazy on however contract on scheduled rates where the jobs can be put together to give a hard day on Monday and a cheers easy rest of week and still hit the figures and keep the client happy then it's dead easy to be idle!

You start work, at 07:00 and stop work at 17:00, water keep in a back pack together with food. I just say as I do myself. Very big meal in the morning a full dinner, next food at 12:00 take some from your pocket eat while you work. Petrol I used to have connected to me on a rope, careful so it does not leak gives a mad red colour on the skin. Talk only of work, some folks want a carry on, they are better suited as sale team where they can do what they like talk a lot. Folks don't know what work is till they had to sit with a fire going to clear up the saw in minus 25 or worse. And fell frozen trees that snap so easy in that cold. Life is full of wanna be think they can work people, I have came across very few knowing what working really means, and they was all 60+ this means new generations is lazy most of them.. Most are talk talk talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk