Great wall steed?

karl1991

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was working on an estate recently where they were without theirs for 5 weeks waiting for parts,...seems a bit poor in this day and age.

5 weeks :confused1:

If I order a part from my local Volvo cars dealer by 1:30pm, it's there by 3:00pm the same day.

Takes 48 hours if it comes from Sweden.

There's very good reasons why old hilux's and rodeos hold their money.

Yeah sure you might get a good warrenty on the Great Wall steed, but doesn't help with down time, inconvenience etc.

Stop looking at numbers on papers and start looking at reputation :thumbup1:

No point in "saving" money today only to be throwing away more tomorrow

Exactly, couldn't agree more :thumbup1:

The van v's pick-up is a whole different issue and to be honest isn't relevant in this case.

There's very good reasons why old hilux's and rodeos hold their money.

Yeah sure you might get a good warrenty on the Great Wall steed, but doesn't help with down time, inconvenience etc.

Stop looking at numbers on papers and start looking at reputation :thumbup1:

No point in "saving" money today only to be throwing away more tomorrow

This

Reputation and of course the main concern when owning a shiny new pick up, street cred.

I saw one of those ssangyong (spp) pickups in the village the other day! I realise that a work truck is there to earn its keep. But if you are a owner driver why the hell would you buy a cheap nasty looking piece of scrap when the mainstream competition is so readily available and you have so much choice.

As a side note, i'm not a massive fan of the D-max but pretty sure that comes with a 5 year 100000 mile warranty and with a bit of spec on is about £20k. The difference you will get back at the end of ownership anyway.

I will certainly not rule out the opposition when it comes to buy, it will be in a couple of years time and budget will be around 8k. Obviously if my budget was 20k it's a no brainer, but I wouldn't buy a hilux etc with 100 odd k on for 8k. I'd rather have a vehicle with a remaining manufacturers warranty (a couple years old age wise) that I plan to keep until it dies. I'd feel like a ticking time bomb in a high mileage 4x4. Personally for me, if a manufacturer is boasting a 6 year 125k warrenty they must have faith in there product, as for spec, yeah I do want some decent equipment 👍when I'm shelling out that kind of money I cba with winding my windows down 😁

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Arbtalk mobile app

I will certainly not rule out the opposition when it comes to buy, it will be in a couple of years time and budget will be around 8k. Obviously if my budget was 20k it's a no brainer, but I wouldn't buy a hilux etc with 100 odd k on for 8k. I'd rather have a vehicle with a remaining manufacturers warranty (a couple years old age wise) that I plan to keep until it dies. I'd feel like a ticking time bomb in a high mileage 4x4. Personally for me, if a manufacturer is boasting a 6 year 125k warrenty they must have faith in there product, as for spec, yeah I do want some decent equipment 👍when I'm shelling out that kind of money I cba with winding my windows down 😁

why dont you come bk in a couple off yrs & ask again ,pointless thread really :001_rolleyes:

I'd rather have a Jap truck with 100k . At least you know there's another 100k left in it at least. That mileage might be a wing and a prayer job for a Chinese truck.

I had an Hi-lux that the body eventually dropped off with 200+k and it still sold for 1500.

Edited by Graham

Has anybody got one? It is chinese made I know and only a 2.0l, but won't be doing major work at all, great spec, leather,electric etc etc and only around 17k?

I will certainly not rule out the opposition when it comes to buy, it will be in a couple of years time and budget will be around 8k.

Why ask about a truck that costs £17k now if you're not intending buying for a couple of years and your budget is going to be £8k?

why dont you come bk in a couple off yrs & ask again ,pointless thread really :001_rolleyes:

Ain't that the truth :confused1: