Entec ch25 honest opinions

Coletti

I've recently bought a ch25, my first chipper, having used a tw150 and 230 I'd say the 25 is a superb cracking little machine, can move it about on my own, kohler engine, you do need to keep extra petrol with you though, but takes everything id put through a 150. Got mine for 4K, love it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ridiculous the money you spend to do this job, was in a bar recently and the bartender says to me all he needs for his job is a bottle opener and a till key. I'm stood there thinking I've got over £10k (current value) of stuff all needed to do mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

IMO, the capital outlay to start a small outfit (one gang outfit) is really very small considering the money that CAN be made.

10k will get you a passable tipper and second hand chipper, Throw in your climbing gear and some saws and you're in business.

I'm sure your bar owner spent more than that!

IMO, the capital outlay to start a small outfit (one gang outfit) is really very small considering the money that CAN be made.

10k will get you a passable tipper and second hand chipper, Throw in your climbing gear and some saws and you're in business.

I'm sure your bar owner spent more than that!

You're probably right. That just about where I am, but I seem to be forever buying something else or repairing something. Money can be good when things fall right for example i took £400 for two small jobs on Friday and was on my own for the day, but then you factor in the cost of the gear / running costs and downtime due to breakdowns or weather and it doesn't feel so great!

They were and are a good chipper. I ran a diesel version for a front line chipper for a good 3.5-4 years never gave greif at all.

The problem is some folk are under the impression that new chippers are better and dont break and leas downtime. This isnt always the case.

If your handy with the spanner and you find a good honest chipper, older gear can work well!

Nail, hit and head springs to mind:thumbup:

I run a petrol Bearcat (Kohler 25hp V twin) will chip up to 8 inch. Turntable chassis too which is great. It's a 1999 model and has done very little work

and if yer reasonably handy with the spanners it's easy enough to fix. Best 2k i have ever spent.

Nail, hit and head springs to mind:thumbup:

I run a petrol Bearcat (Kohler 25hp V twin) will chip up to 8 inch. Turntable chassis too which is great. It's a 1999 model and has done very little work

and if yer reasonably handy with the spanners it's easy enough to fix. Best 2k i have ever spent.

Sounds like a real bargain! Nice to hear people buying older stuff and doing well with it rather than the usual 'you need to buy brand new and be making payments every month til you die'