Wages

Aaron king

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a large firm operating in brum pay £150 per day for subbies. Thats providing your own PPE and climbing kit if you're a climber and driving to the yard for 0715 and knocking off rigidly at 1625-1630.

In Norfolk most climbers are £100-£120. There are a few good ones on £150-£170.

That's them bringing climbing kit, saws and me providing what ever else. I do tend to go for £150-£170 climbers for most my work when required. That and it's good for my employees to watch and learn off someone else too and allows me to explain why they are doing it that way and how the position themselves for work positioning.

But then again if I've got a few days on a site I will go for the £120 climber as its more cost effective on the job because I'll do the more technical stuff instead of flitting between climbing and groundwork.

Some of the best climbers I've met haven't done CS40/41

Just pointing out what some employers would use to justify paying the guy less.

I agree joe a course and a bit of paper doesnt make you instantly a better climber than others,personally if im takin a guy on to do a dismantle id want him to have cs41.