Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Even the lovely Swede have had a guts full of Merkle’s open doors

It will be great if Sweden tighten up, but Spain and Greece are the ones I'd like to see get more sensible - more money spent on policing the seas, tracking vessels leaving Libya and surrounding, when they enter forbidden zone tow them right back

From Migration Watch UK

Why is the current level of immigration a problem?

8. High net migration has resulted in rapid population growth. The UK population currently stands at 65.6 million. The Office of National Statistics ‘high’ migration scenario projects that the UK population will now increase by almost 400,000 a year for the next 25 years - the population of Bristol currently stands at 430,000. This is unsustainable and in the long term would lead to growth of almost 10 million over the next 25 years. The ONS state that around 82% of this increase will be down to future migrants and their children. The remaining population growth will come from the UK’s existing population, including births to immigrants already here.

This one sentence from the website is enough reason to not vote Labour -

'Under the last Labour government (1997-2010) an extra 3.6 million foreign migrants arrived, while one million British citizens left. '

And the depressing thing is the Conservatives haven't sorted it either -

6. The coalition government elected in 2010 pledged to reduce net migration to the ‘tens of thousands’. However, despite some reduction in migration from outside the European Union, overall net migration rose to a third of a million. This is largely because net migration from the EU doubled over the last Parliament due to the ongoing disparity in wealth between Eastern Europe and the UK together with the Eurozone crisis affecting Southern Europe. (See here) This no doubt played an important role in the decision taken by the British people to leave the European Union.

7. Under the current Conservative government net migration now stands at an estimated 230,000 for the year ending June 2017

JRM could get a crack team of surgeons mobilized out in the community

• Like 2

Sweden’s general elections looks to be following a growing pan-European trend. 

Won’t be long before the much loved and misapplied media phrase “far-right” becomes the natural ‘centre.’ 

Even the lovely Swede have had a guts full of Merkle’s open doors

Here’s an interesting article with a great (and amusing if it wasn’t so tragic) insight into the kind of thinking that drives the decision making processes that inevitably lead nations into the mess that Sweden and Germany now find themselves in.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/12732/progressives-reality

God help us if Corbyn ever gets elected.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, TIMON said:

God help us if Corbyn ever gets elected.

In a global perspective, does it really matter? 

Just reading on here this morning about farming practices, plastics, pollution, population explosions and how electricity is being generated, I just think the world is just going to hell in a hand basket. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Just reading on here this morning about farming practices, plastics, pollution, population explosions and how electricity is being generated, I just think the world is just going to hell in a hand basket. 

Over conspicuous over consumption over and above our means, over the top over production, over population underscored by over militerized political over aggression, over and over until its all over...

Fcuk this, i'm going for some log splitter therapy.. Over.

• Like 1

@KevinJMBE: I think the days of onerous arguements on the merits of ones' personal predjudice are numbered.

And I'm happy about it. Howay, You should be ashamed of yourself supporting those right wing shithandles.   Have a look at the future:

Get used to it too, the fact you desire a rise of the far right makes you a lousy traitor in my books. No Pasaran.

Edited by Mark J

Why is it that those on the centre left seem to be able to see that people like Corbyn, McDonnell, and Abbot aren't fit for purpose, yet those who claim to be centre right cant see the likes of Boris and JRM also aren't fit for purpose?

I’d rather have JRM than Boris... at least he has some semblance of personal integrity.

It’s a shame that Labour are losing decent people like Frank Field.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TIMON said:

I’d rather have JRM than Boris... at least he has some semblance of personal integrity.

It’s a shame that Labour are losing decent people like Frank Field.

You skirted around my question, again.  I have a feeling this is old habits dying hard.

Can you give me a straight forward answer to the question I asked?

@KevinJMBE: I think the days of onerous arguements on the merits of ones' personal predjudice are numbered.
And I'm happy about it. Howay, You should be ashamed of yourself supporting those right wing shithandles.   Have a look at the future:

Get used to it too, the fact you desire a rise of the far right makes you a lousy traitor in my books. No Pasaran.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/20a8a878-dc5f-476c-953c-f754c21055a8