Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

How about on how they name their kids?
Sixtus Boniface and Anselm Fitzwilliam??
Stop being a social warrior and call a spade a spade. He’s a dick. If he made an effort he could easily tone down his plummy accent but he chooses not to, cos he’s a dick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, westphalian said:

Stop being a social warrior and call a spade a spade. He’s a dick. If he made an effort he could easily tone down his plummy accent but he chooses not to, cos he’s a dick

I’d love to see you and him have that discussion face to face ?

Are you suggesting HE should change because YOU don’t like what you see / hear?

How does that reconcile with a modern, tolerant,  snowflake, all creatures are equal sort of doctrine?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, westphalian said:

So you're not keen then?

I thought that you'd made those names up :001_smile:

16 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I’d love to see you and him have that discussion face to face ?

Are you suggesting HE should change because YOU don’t like what you see / hear?

How does that reconcile with a modern, tolerant,  snowflake, all creatures are equal sort of doctrine?

Err, yes, I am. I cannot change how my ears work so the onus is on him to change. I would love to have a debate with him although I was not president of the debating society at my school as my comp didn't have one. I wouldn't call him a dick, I would just put my point over in a respectful way and as soon as it looked I was losing the argument, nut him. Politicians are like Eggs, they love to argue the toss...

Edited by westphalian
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I had finger trouble on the mobile while getting my hair cut!

Inadvertently, I've tagged this topic as "ignored" and I don't know how to change it back....  Please help Mr B!! @Steve Bullman

Hold on, if you reply here I won't be able to see it....

?

Who said that ? ?

On 18/07/2018 at 17:20, skyhuck said:

Can't comment on the motives of the person you are addressing, but IME those who take on such positions are busy bodies who want to feel important.

Dave, I have tonight rapped my hand in with it - resigned. 

I share this with you first, not because I think you’d be particularly interested, but  because your comment did strike a cord. 

I can only talk in relation to this PC (although my enduring experience of any PC that I’ve engaged with professionally in an Arb sense had already convinced me that they are not worth the effort) but I guess it shouldn’t have come as any surprise!  I just wanted to see / experience it from ‘the  inside.’

Doing this PC shite (and I gave it 14 months) has detracted from my work, deprived me of family time and caused me (and the family) considerable stress. 

I have a notably low tolerance for incompetence and an inability to hide it. That I have maintained this role for so long has genuinely amazed most of my nearest and dearest (and I’m sure quitting will have genuinely delighted many within the PC.)

Wife & nipper came to tonight’s meeting, she’s not the kind of girl you could say no to anyway. I didn’t plan to quit, quite the contrary, but it just kind of happened that way. 

My parting shot - if you think I’ve been critical previously, you’ll enjoy what follows now that I’m NOT subject to the code of conduct. 

?- talk to you over W/E