Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Putin is being a dick.

All he has to do is launch a chemical attack against the shitbags that are provocatively laying flowers down round a brave pensioners house in Hither Green, then we could be pals with him.

America are pals with us, so they would have to be pals with him.

Hurrah! No more dead Syrian kids! No nuclear apocalypse!

As for you Vesp, I’m extremely disappointed.

If I ever resorted to armed robbery in pensioners homes and got what was coming to me, and my family thought it was a good idea to put floral tributes at my VICTIMS house I would turn in my still warm grave.

These people don’t have a different moral code, they don’t have morals.

Since you’re such a massive fan of pertinent research, Google ‘Roy Blackman death’, then get back to me. 

I work for his sister now and then.

You should have a chat with her.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I’ve already started Kevin ... the news today was pretty disturbing with Russia saying it will take out any American base missiles are launched from ... interesting the way we are being fed story’s from Syria though , which ones the truth ? https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5386503/amp/More-640-Russian-mercenary-soldiers-killed-Syria.html https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.spiegel.de/international/world/american-fury-the-truth-about-the-russian-deaths-in-syria-a-1196074-amp.html

Genocides in history though Hitler is 3rd after stallin and in first place Mao Zedong ... not saying he wasn’t a massive (unt but the out come of Europe would of been even more horrific if Hitler never invaded Russia and the war machine stallin was building to take the world to communism never of been exhausted fighting the Nazis with the slaughter of 11 million of its troops being left pretty impotent against further battle and giving us 50 years of Cold War stale mate.

Is it wrong that the part of your well presented post that made the biggest impression on me was the judicial use of “(“  

(that says more about me than anything else ?)

I’m not sure we’re quite at Cuban missile crisis stage, but things is getting a bit tense. 

The war in Syria is nearly over. Why would Assad risk America getting involved by using chemical weapons? Are chemical weapons really worse than conventional weapons?

In Syria we've got two choices. We either support Assad who is not as bad as people are making out. Or we support the opposition in Syria who are hardcore nutters that chop the heads off people.

After the mess we made of Iraq and Libya we really should be sitting this one out and letting Russia and Assad get on with it. There's no way we should be helping Islamic State (make no mistake, that's the "opposition" in Syria) beat Assad.

25 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Putin is being a dick.

All he has to do is launch a chemical attack against the shitbags that are provocatively laying flowers down round a brave pensioners house in Hither Green, then we could be pals with him.

America are pals with us, so they would have to be pals with him.

Hurrah! No more dead Syrian kids! No nuclear apocalypse!

As for you Vesp, I’m extremely disappointed.

If I ever resorted to armed robbery in pensioners homes and got what was coming to me, and my family thought it was a good idea to put floral tributes at my VICTIMS house I would turn in my still warm grave.

These people don’t have a different moral code, they don’t have morals.

Since you’re such a massive fan of pertinent research, Google ‘Roy Blackman death’, then get back to me. 

I work for his sister now and then.

You should have a chat with her.

and what is it I'm supposed to say you might not agree with?..   If I found any of that gang that killed that man I'd happily pull the trigger and send em on to hell in a handbasket.....

and I'd happily let the families come to my house and lay a wreath outside my door, see if I cared!!!!..

And just as Roy Blackman deserves justice, so do others murdered by Putin.  or had Putin launch a biological attack on their sovereign territory..

lets hope Roy Blackman gets his full justice when all his assailants are caught and jailed, and lets hope Putin gets the same fate as Roy Blackmans killers.. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, matelot said:

The war in Syria is nearly over. Why would Assad risk America getting involved by using chemical weapons? Are chemical weapons really worse than conventional weapons?

In Syria we've got two choices. We either support Assad who is not as bad as people are making out. Or we support the opposition in Syria who are hardcore nutters that chop the heads off people.

After the mess we made of Iraq and Libya we really should be sitting this one out and letting Russia and Assad get on with it. There's no way we should be helping Islamic State (make no mistake, that's the "opposition" in Syria) beat Assad.

14 minutes ago, matelot said:

That's a tricky one to unpick....

"The war in Syria is nearly over" - possibly, in the conventional land sense - the people on the ground are beaten into submission.  But the 'regional / global' implications are only just starting to come into the reality game.  Iran & Russia influence to destabilise Israel and the West more broadly.  That's the real game play.

"Why would Assad risk America getting involved by using chemical weapons" - that's a unfathomable....  It can't be Assad, it makes no sense, is it Russia saying FU, we'll do what we want where we want, when we want?

"Are chemical weapons really worse than conventional weapons?" - dead is dead.  How you get there is the only difference.  There is a natural and healthy human revulsion to the concept of indiscriminate WMD - thank God.

"In Syria we've got two choices. We either support Assad who is not as bad as people are making out. Or we support the opposition in Syria who are hardcore nutters that chop the heads off people."

Agreed.  It was right, politically, not to engage after the FU's of recent history - the people would not (parliament did not) support it.  There has to be an alternative method.  But, in the meantime, it's no use crying over the consequences of not being there when we see the implications of that.  

I'm not sure we did make a mess in Iraq.  It's better now than it was under SH for many more people.  I stay in regular touch with the D Mayor of Basra,  yes it's corrupt, yes it's tribal, yes it's nepotism, yes it's self before anything else....  It's the M East, what do people expect?

Interesting times...

• Like 1