Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 minutes ago, TIMON said:

I know you have Mark and I have the greatest respect for you for doing it.
I just wondered what are your views on how the PA and Hamas treat their own people? and how much of the fault do you think lies at their own door for the plight of Arabs (who incidentally do get to vote, are elected in the Knesset and serve as senior Judges in the judiciary so apartheid).
Personally I would like to see a two state solution but I don’t think it will ever happen because the Arab leadership only want the annihilation of Israel.

This guy is a Palestinian Muslim and he has some pretty strong views on why things are so bad for the Palestinians.
There are many other Palestinians who hold the same views but most of them are rotting in Hamas/PA jails. No one seems to want to campaign on their behalf though, it’s not very fashionable in the West because another narrative gets pushed. I’m sorry I’ve had to use an Israeli publication but all the Palestinian publications that have tried to bring this to light have been shut down. Apparently Abbas isn’t very keen on free speech.
I feel sorry for the poor people caught in the middle who just want to get on with their lives.

http://egretnews.com/2017/?p=2015

"Personally I would like to see a two state solution but I don’t think it will ever happen because the Arab leadership only want the annihilation of Israel." 

Personally I would like to see a two state solution but I don't think it will ever happen because the Israeli leadership only want the annihilation of Palestine.

Shalom my friend.  Gan canny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forestboy1978 said:

Please give feedback on the Oxford talk. I'd be interested to know how you perceive him after watching that through.

I'm glad I listened to it.  He gave a very good account of himself.  He seemed reasonable and honest.  He didn't say anything to make me dislike him personally. 

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

The biggest disgrace of the entire scenario was the overt protest, supposedly from ‘the nascent great minds of the future’ over the mere prospect of him expressing his honestly held opinions. 

Yes.  Well done to the Oxford Union for having the guts to host it.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mark J said:

I think that the medium of online conversation sometimes misses out nuances that would be apparent in normal, day to day conversation.  I'll be at the Arb Show in May, should you like to explain what you meant.

Mark, you said this:

10 hours ago, Mark J said:

I was actually on about the elite paedophile scandals, not the asian paedophile scandals you seem so fond of.

What "elite paedophile scandals" are you talking about? There haven't been any in the news? So you're more concerned about non existent sex scandals than the likes of Rotherham...

You left wingers seem super concerned about crimes committed by white people and not concerned about crimes committed by brown people. That makes you a RACIST!!

• Like 1

I wrote to my local MP. (A first for me) regarding the Count Dakula verdict. I feel strongly that it is an attack on freedom of expression and frankly not legal. 

This was his response.

Dear Mr ...

Thank you for your email.

In short, I absolutely agree with you. If you see the lies and abuse I have personally directed to me this attempt at a joke is trivial in comparison. I have written to the Minister but I think it is a devolved issue.

Best wishes

Royston
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TIMON said:

Not exactly news though, Kevin, as his friends in Hamas and Hezbollah would be be the proof of that.

:lol: Thought you'd be all over that Ti!!  :lol:

Although it IS in the news AGAIN wrt the mural....

And it cuts to the heart of the problem (for Labour) of having Che Guevara T-shirt wearing Marxists driving the party.  That which has been quietly tolerated and kept simmering just below the surface is now emboldened, empowered and unleashed and is exposing the rather unpleasant, fundamental racism that actually exists within the very core of the organisation which trumpets loudest the virtues of social equality...

Local branch Labour Party meeting tonight, I'm thinking of popping along for a laugh....

Item 5 on the agenda looks quite interesting:  5. Where we’re to: what we’re up against – number-crunching SE Cornwall   

• Like 2